• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

We can all keep going on about the non penalty however we had enough chances to win four games last night, we can't keep going on missing chances, again miss chances the weekend then it keeps on cascading down.
And we'd all accept losing because of our own teams deficiencies in front of goal, it's when the points are handed to our opponents on a silver platter by appalling officiating that it becomes so hard to accept.

If I were Liverpool I’d offer us 30m for Gomes right now. Exactly what they need and they know we’d snap their hand off. Will be worth way more than that in a year or so.
The going rate for any young promising player now is £100m.

We aren’t selling him for that plus Liverpool have just bought Szoboszlai and Mac Allister.

Liverpool need more a Lemina style midfielder than a Gomes.

Liverpool need more a Lemina style midfielder than a Gomes.
Gomes is exactly the type of midfielder Liverpool need. Sitting at the base of the 3 disrupting play and being able to drive forward with the ball. Both him and Lemina could easily do the role.

The biggest plus for me, and there were many, was the number of chances we created. If we keep on doing this the goals will come. With halfway decent finishing and a bit of luck it could easily have been 4-1 last night.

Fantastic support in the away end last night. I was worried the diminishing song list would be a problem, but “Gary O'Neil’s Barmy Army” was sung loud from the kick off.

Strangely there wasn’t too much fuss around by me for the “non penalty” incident. It was only after leaving the ground and phone signal coming back that I was aware of the major cock-up.

There's a case that he's actually fouling Sasa AND Dawson at the same time.

1416.jpg

Good work guys.

Anyone wanting to buy Gomes or Lemina should be getting a £60m price tag slapped on them, especially for Gomes.

If Liverpool can afford to bid £60m for Lavia and £110m for Caicedo then make them pay through the nose for every player they come sniffing around.

If we need £30m so badly if only we had a player someone would offer that for who we could replace with better for half or two thirds of the price. Drat.

If we need £30m so badly if only we had a player someone would offer that for who we could replace with better for half or two thirds of the price. Drat.
It would be classic Fosun to turn down a stupid offer for Kilman and then sell someone like Gomes or Lemina for less than that.

Fast forward to Saturday...

8th minute of stoppage time and we're heading to White Hart Lane... "There's been a coming together in the Spurs area between Bruno Fernandes and the Tottenham keeper and it's being checked by VAR... Yes, it's a penalty to United"

Fast forward to Saturday...

8th minute of stoppage time and we're heading to White Hart Lane... "There's been a coming together in the Spurs area between Bruno Fernandes and the Tottenham keeper and it's being checked by VAR... Yes, it's a penalty to United"
New Spurs keeper tries what happened last night and he will be out for 9 months

Now, I'm not going to sit here and say that Kilman is worth all of the 30m we turned down, but I do think we might be underestimating what a proper replacement for him would cost.

That's without even getting into whether or not Fosun would let us spend any of it.

Now, I'm not going to sit here and say that Kilman is worth all of the 30m we turned down, but I do think we might be underestimating what a proper replacement for him would cost.

That's without even getting into whether or not Fosun would let us spend any of it.
We bought Dawson for peanuts and he's way better

We bought Dawson for peanuts and he's way better
He's also, what, 6 or 7 years Kilman's senior? And has significant weaknesses of his own.

Prem defenders don't grow on trees, that's all.

Don't post that often nowadays as too much else going on. Watched last night with some trepidation & all pundits telling us we were certain to be relegated.

After that performance they are all wrong or the standard of the lower PL teams has exponetially improved (it hasn't). The thing holding us back is the same issue since Raul got his head caved in by Luiz in the inability to convert good chances into goals. Those players are few & far & expensive

All played well - some superbly & players who cost alot or we were committed to buying for serious money are starting to get to grips with this league and showing what they can do. Even Semedo looked like a PL RB which he hasn't always previously.

We have gaps in the cover in certain positions - Ait Nouri is still defensively suspect & Sa gives me palpitations all the time, but we are not Chelsea & can't just throw a shedload of money at things.

Nailed on penalty - if Sa had done that at the other end at that point in the game then we all know what the outcome would have been.

Man Utd - very dissapointing - they won't go far in the CL or possibly even hold on for a place there next season unless they seriously get their act together - midfield was non existant most of the evening.

Overall despite losing am feeling more relaxed.

I was texting a Manchester United friend during the game last night and he thinks they'll struggle to make top 6 unless they sign a good midfielder. He's very underwhelmed with Mount - says he has spent most of pre-season going missing, and that Bruno has a tendency to go missing often in games too.

Back