• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

MK 1 - Wolves 2 - a better than Saturday verdict thread

He is going nowhere this season. You will find it easier on the heart to accept that.

Indeed. Same as this whole season now, pointless getting emotional either way about it.

Until the club is bought/sold, we are going nowhere IMO, so I've accepted it and therefore refuse to get too worked up now.

Well taken goals, and delighted for the much maligned Saville with another quality finish. I've previously criticised Price for his lack of final third influence, so kudos to him tonight too.

I would be interested in hearing from those who went how Coady Price and Saville performed as a unit, and how Mason did too.

I'm also delighted for Saville. Got a lot of stick in his time here, most of it probably deserved, but has now popped up with some crucial goals and looks a fairly important part of the team. That's the difference. Price has (equally deservedly) avoided the vast majority of any stick flying about.

Careful Paddy.

Completely agree. Certain players attract flack and I love it when some fans are proved wrong, myself included.

As for Price would anyone be against a change in captaincy this pre season?

Safe now surely. Great result against a team fighting for safety.

Didn't see Ipswich (or tonight obviously) but I think Saville has been pretty impressive since his return from Millwall. Always rated him and look forward to seeing what he can do for us long term. Never understood all the hate for him last season.

Delighted for Jack Price, I hope he really kicks on from now until the end of the season. Such a fantastic wee player.

In the context of this season, tonight has been a good night

Well I've enjoyed it anyway - a Jack Price goal is worth celebrating anyway whether we win or lose

CfTpDIEW8AATECP.jpg:large

He'll be out of the team for the first 1/3 of next season anyway.

Careful Paddy.

Completely agree. Certain players attract flack and I love it when some fans are proved wrong, myself included.

I suppose you have to ask two questions

a) what is that likely to do to Danny Batth's morale and confidence?
b) is Danny Batth a cast iron starter next season if we have a fully fit squad?

The answer to b is that it isn't absolutely certain if Williamson is fit and Hause progresses. Tough call for me.

Careful Paddy.

I forgot I wasn't allowed an opinion that's different to yours or question your authority. You need to get over yourself.

I still think Saville is a very average player and a goal against a very poor MK Dons team isn't going to change until I see him do it more regularly. Coady and Saville are very poor value signings this season IMO.

I forgot I wasn't allowed an opinion that's different to yours or question your authority. You need to get over yourself.

I still think Saville is a very average player and a goal against a very poor MK Dons team isn't going to change until I see him do it more regularly. Coady and Saville are very poor value signings this season IMO.

Saville & Coady aren't yet worth what we paid

Saville possibly can be - Coady is more doubtful

We have hardly seen him. He has gone on loan. He has come back and chipped in with goals.

Still work to do, for sure, but at least I see some hope there. Like Parkin, I am far less convinced about Coady.

Where has anyone said such a thing? I think you really need to take some of your own advice Johnny.
You're the one picking for a row.

My last reply on the subject, sorry mods.

I suppose you have to ask two questions

a) what is that likely to do to Danny Batth's morale and confidence?
b) is Danny Batth a cast iron starter next season if we have a fully fit squad?

The answer to b is that it isn't absolutely certain if Williamson is fit and Hause progresses. Tough call for me.

A-B are one and the same for me as I wouldn't play him.
He's not a captain either, ability or personality wise on the pitch.

We have hardly seen him. He has gone on loan. He has come back and chipped in with goals.

Still work to do, for sure, but at least I see some hope there. Like Parkin, I am far less convinced about Coady.

I guess I'm just starting at a lower base than you and Parkin. Neither Saville or Coady or for me right now. I'd like to see them both replaced with Evans and A.N.Other but that isn't going to happen. Both Saville and Coady were seen as replacements for Price and he's better than the pair of them.

I'm pleased we won tonight and by all accounts by throwing off this defensive mindset.

Agree with that - really not sure what Coady is supposed to be - Saville has at least chipped in with a goal or 2, which is what we need from there.

Seeing as Coady cost roughly twice as much ( depending on where you get the info from) was expecting more

Knee ligaments for Zyro apparently.

This season has been a joke for injuries.

Coady for me is a box to box midfielder, but for whatever reason isn't showing his capabilities.
He tries hard and I firmly believe there's a player there but I can understand the concerns about him.

I'd urge patience, as I feel he will come good.

Back