• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

MK 1 - Wolves 2 - a better than Saturday verdict thread

I thought we bought him as a box to box midfielder and there's no doubting his effort and tireless running but not the quality I was hoping for, starting to think he has had a long enough run in the team to prove himself...but hasn't.

Coady is a rubbish footballer. I don't see him suddenly acquiring the ability to control or pass a ball, he's as limited as Edwards (who is also crap and needs bombing out).

I'd like to see them both replaced with Evans and A.N.Other but that isn't going to happen.

Not for me, the turning circle of the QE2
Mind you, he was fast enough speeding away in his sports car after one match this season, he nearly run us over on Waterloo Road.

Not for me, the turning circle of the QE2
Mind you, he was fast enough speeding away in his sports car after one match this season, he nearly run us over on Waterloo Road.

Thats almost as impressive as being nearly run down by Englebert Humperdinck's Rolls Royce as I walked to work from Weybridge station (and no I don't expect anyone under 50 to remember who that is)

Good God we love the chance to have a damn good moan on here dont we? Its even spread to when we win! Saville has now scored two very good headers in recent games, Price has proved that he is an integral part of the squad and a starter in the first team He also epitomises Leadership in a Billy Bremner way. Nasty, tenacious clever Terrier. He may have his limits but given our current squad he would be an excellent choice as Captain. Remember we also have Williamson in te wings who may also be Captain material for next season.

Just going to enjoy a well earnt 3 points and better attacking performance against a team who easily held on for a point at Molineux.

I think Coady could be decent for this level, he showed such at Huddersfield and I thought he started out well this season. Clearly he's lost form (along with nearly everyone else) but I don't think he's awful; granted, he's also easily upgraded upon.

A sad indictment of where we are currently, this thread is akin to verdict on a loss rather than a win.

A sad indictment of where we are currently, this thread is akin to verdict on a loss rather than a win.

I am all for credit where it is due, but a win against a bottom 3 side doesn't change the context of the season, which is probably why people aren't overly positive still. I wrote on Saturday's thread that I didn't check the score during the match at all, I went one step further here and didn't even realise we had played yesterday until I came on here this morning.

Cheers machin.
I only watched it to see Price's goal :)

Well done lads. Good to see Dave Edwards back as well, that's 3 points from 3 since he returned to fitness.

The first half was genuinely terrible last night. We played with absolutely no tempo and ended up playing long balls up to Mason with no real aim or chance of him winning the ball. MK weren't particularly dangerous but Hause looked like a walking mistake for a goal and it just wasn't working.

The midfield three didn't work with no real movement and the only good bits of play coming down the flanks with Zyro and Doherty linking up.

Then it all changed on the stroke of half time with the Zyro tackle. It was a shocker even from up in the second tier behind the goal and the pictures seem to confirm the same. After the referee and his assistant conferred I was sure that it would be a red but they clearly bottled it.

Whilst it was horrible to see Zyro stretchered off it was actually the catalyst that turned the game. I don't know if seeing the tackle and subsequent lack of action riled the players, but we came out for the second half riled up and with a new sense of vigour, and with a new formation.

Led by Jack Price we really took control of the game. Coady and Price interchanged between DM and pushing forward, Saville moved out towards the left and became a completely new player, Doherty continued to link up well and the right hand side of the team also woke up.

Iorfa started to look like the player of the last 12 months with one particular run from our own half where he must have beaten 4 MK players before running out of steam but it really stirred the fans and the players alike.

Henry was getting acres of space down the right because we now looked more threatening and both goals ended up coming from his wing.

When Saville scored the equaliser all of players came over and we're going mad celebrating and gesturing to the fans, led by Price.

It was only a matter of time before we scored and it was our hero Price again. He was awesome second half, winning tackles, interceptions, bring the ball forward, he was looking dangerous and his efforts were rewarded.

Danny Batth might wear the armband but Jack Price is our captain. He is the one who organises the team, the set pieces, he constantly talks to the team, he is the one who grabbed the game and made a difference and he is the one that celebrates the hardest.

Sorry it's turned into a bit of a ramble but it went from being a game of "why did I fucking bother" to actually believing in the team again and I loved it. I just hope we can now take this forward.

Thanks for the report, appreciated!

Fantastic for Price, who is becoming a leader in the side. Just shows that Jackett should just leave him in the bloody team, his treatment of him is becoming ridiculous. He is perfect for the holding role with two players in front of him, I've no idea why he hasn't been the player in that position for a while. In front of him, we need a player with passing ability and another who can make penetrative forward runs and link with the attackers. The first one I genuinely believe Evans can be, and a good one at this level, just needs to get his head down and work hard. The second player, maybe Saville can become but he certainly needs to continue developing. He has done better since he came back but what I have seen of him he offers little through the game other than moments (such as his double against Derby and goal last night). Wallace may be an option for that role too. That leaves Coady however, a £2m signing, who I doubt we are just going to cast aside. He works hard and is better suited to a box-to-box role where he can pressurise quickly but he severely lacks in technical ability. As a squad member he might be OK but I think Jackett sees him as more than that, in similar vein to Edwards.

Coady is a rubbish footballer. I don't see him suddenly acquiring the ability to control or pass a ball, he's as limited as Edwards (who is also crap and needs bombing out).

Totally agree all they can do is run around a lot and contribute fully in a game 1 in 5 at best

Thanks for the report, appreciated!

Fantastic for Price, who is becoming a leader in the side. Just shows that Jackett should just leave him in the bloody team, his treatment of him is becoming ridiculous. He is perfect for the holding role with two players in front of him, I've no idea why he hasn't been the player in that position for a while. In front of him, we need a player with passing ability and another who can make penetrative forward runs and link with the attackers. The first one I genuinely believe Evans can be, and a good one at this level, just needs to get his head down and work hard. The second player, maybe Saville can become but he certainly needs to continue developing. He has done better since he came back but what I have seen of him he offers little through the game other than moments (such as his double against Derby and goal last night). Wallace may be an option for that role too. That leaves Coady however, a £2m signing, who I doubt we are just going to cast aside. He works hard and is better suited to a box-to-box role where he can pressurise quickly but he severely lacks in technical ability. As a squad member he might be OK but I think Jackett sees him as more than that, in similar vein to Edwards.

Big IF but if Jackett were to use whatever minimal funds we get this pre-season to replace Price it'd be utterly unforgivable.

It's not entirely out of the question either, we didn't have the pile of cash to replace Sako that was suggested last season but £2m on Coady when we had more pressing concerns has highlighted at least one case of backward priorities.

I don't think he's been ridiculed at all, unless I've missed something, perhaps you can show me where?

Back