• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Kit Thread - slag off what you want in here

Just seen a photo of the junior shirt - it actually looks pretty smart with the Silverbug logo on.

After seeing the Kit Jinky will have to buy I can see why he is upset TBH
1480-609.jpg

#smalljokesarefunny

Did you give the E&S permission to use your tweet in their article on the new shirt?

Don't think they need to.

https://www.howtogeek.com/310158/are-other-people-allowed-to-use-my-tweets/

Any website that uses Twitter’s embed API to display your Tweets is free to do so. The only way to stop it happening, is to turn your account to private or delete the original Tweet. If you delete it, it will disappear from any embeds on other sites as well.

My comment is clearly the best out there so it's fine for them to use it.

Better than using Jinky's.

What was with the low key unveiling? Were they forced to do it earlier than planned due to the leak?

I really like the new kit. I don't get this love affair with last season's yellowy tone and the new one looks a better colour to me, not too orange, more like the LCS shirt of 2009 or the Burrdshit one which followed it. I like the design, simple but not too plain. The only things I preferred on last year's were the black cuffs and the W88 logo but these lot are offering us loads more so so be it.

Not sure about the black socks but not overly concerned.

Thumbs up from me

Spend years waiting for a shirt that isnt fucking orange and gone after one season.

Apologies if this has already been answered but when does the away shirt get released?

Apologies if this has already been answered but when does the away shirt get released?

Nothing has been mentioned yet but a good chance it will happen when we open the shop in China this month

Last year’s was better but I’ll still probably buy it. Maybe. Cass definitely wants one.

Underwhelming to say the last. Judging by the people on here, me included, the vast majority seemed to love both the colour and design of last season's. I don't get the reasoning behind this fairlty radical change.

Stripes are always nice and at least it's a fairly simple design. The sponsor logo is hideous and fascinatingly amateurish for what must be a company of some size. I can live with the collar but the pattern is just terrible.

The more you read - or try to read - about ManBetX the more unsettling they are as a sponsor. Their last tweet - 30 June 2017 - refers to them sponsoring Palace. Goodness knows I've had a few bets on football in my life, but even for me this particular sponsorship leaves a bit of a sour taste. To say nothing of their dire logo.

Tweeting 2 years ago is unsettling?

I presume as their whole target market appears to be China and surrounding countries they really don't feel the need to push their marketing to places where you can't use them. They are taking advantage of the new overseas TV Deal knowing their (fucking hideous but it stands out) logo is seen by millions of people in the area they make their money.

Sadly long gone are the days when your team was sponsored by a local company (Goodyear, Sandwell Council, whatever that tiny place is that sells TV's across the road from the Hawthorns is called etc). Right now we in the middle of the betting company boom but like other things, alcohol was pretty prominent at one point, it will die and the next wave will arrive. Watch the Chinese Government ban the showing of any sport where Gambling is advertised on shirts & boards around the pitch then it dies.

Right now if a company is waving, a reported, £10m a year in our face then as long as it isn't the Nazi Party or ISIS their shitty logo will appear. We are not quite at the level where we can attract a more normal uber sized company who will chuck gazzilions at us.

Obviously fans could not buy the shirt to protest but that ain't happening. We had a large % do that with Moneyshop shirts but even that wasn't enough for us to say thank you and goodnight to them

No, I just meant tweeting 2 years ago looks a little unprofessional. I gather they have any number of names registered with the UKGC, so you'd expect them to maintain a social media presence. But as you say, £10m is £10m and pays the wages of 4 x 50k/week players. Maybe I'm just getting old...

Tweeting 2 years ago is unsettling?

I presume as their whole target market appears to be China and surrounding countries they really don't feel the need to push their marketing to places where you can't use them. They are taking advantage of the new overseas TV Deal knowing their (fucking hideous but it stands out) logo is seen by millions of people in the area they make their money.

Sadly long gone are the days when your team was sponsored by a local company (Goodyear, Sandwell Council, whatever that tiny place is that sells TV's across the road from the Hawthorns is called etc). Right now we in the middle of the betting company boom but like other things, alcohol was pretty prominent at one point, it will die and the next wave will arrive. Watch the Chinese Government ban the showing of any sport where Gambling is advertised on shirts & boards around the pitch then it dies.

Right now if a company is waving, a reported, £10m a year in our face then as long as it isn't the Nazi Party or ISIS their shitty logo will appear. We are not quite at the level where we can attract a more normal uber sized company who will chuck gazzilions at us.

Obviously fans could not buy the shirt to protest but that ain't happening. We had a large % do that with Moneyshop shirts but even that wasn't enough for us to say thank you and goodnight to them

The ISIS logo on a black away shirt could work, ya know.

No, I just meant tweeting 2 years ago looks a little unprofessional. I gather they have any number of names registered with the UKGC, so you'd expect them to maintain a social media presence. But as you say, £10m is £10m and pays the wages of 4 x 50k/week players. Maybe I'm just getting old...

If they are looking to promote ManBet just in China etc I guess their exposure on Social Media will be whatever the Government controlled version of Twitter is over there. Probably tried to use it when they went in at Palace then thought, why are we doing this? Get a load of UK followers who can't place a bet on the ManBet website.

Seems they are owned by Vivaro Limited, who are regulated by the British Gambling board but ManBet certainly seems to be a company ran for the Asian market. Is there a UK website for them? All I can see is this https://cn.mebtx11.com/home/register (our badge at the top of the list I see...)

Back