• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Kit Thread - slag off what you want in here

One of the Coalville lads at work says "Got t'aya wesh".

He does it ironically though so who knows. It's always sounded northern to me.

One of the Coalville lads at work says "Got t'aya wesh".

He does it ironically though so who knows. It's always sounded northern to me.
Coalville is east mids? I can see them saying it like that.....possibly clayheads too

This is correct.....never heard 'wesh' anywhere in the Black Country, I was born and bought up in Dudley/B Hill which of course is the capital of the BC, the outlying areas may have different pronunciations i.e wrong.
Waiter is of course correct.

Dad, is that you?

This is correct.....never heard 'wesh' anywhere in the Black Country, I was born and bought up in Dudley/B Hill which of course is the capital of the BC, the outlying areas may have different pronunciations i.e wrong.
Wairter is of course correct.
Well considering if I drink enough beer I can stand in my back garden and technically piss into Walsall (I've achieved it numerous times) I've never professed to be being true BC. And we all say wesh. :D

Well considering if I drink enough beer I can stand in my back garden and technically piss into Walsall (I've achieved it numerous times) I've never professed to be being true BC. And we all say wesh. :D
perhaps its a relatively new thing, my missus relatives (and her) are all from the Walsall, Rushall, Pelsall area and never heard them say wesh....tbf they don't say wash with a hard a either

WTF is wesh :ROFLMAO:

I'd say wAsh

Never heard anyone from B'hill, Dudley, Cradley etc say that. I don't talk to many people from Bullyland though, so maybe that way.

Sorry. Would a mod kindly move these posts to the Accents and Dialects thread

Discourage much more chat n there won't be a forum left

Can't believe people are getting annoyed by thread rape...on this forum! subjects never stay on track even when there's actual football stuff to discuss.
as far as I'm aware there is no news on new kits yet is there? We're all just treading water till summat happens

Talking of that, where's Langers these days. Hope hes ok.

My nan was from lye / kingswinford and always liked adding an extra 'a' to things.

He was a'comin and a'gewin

The Black Country borders are for ever changing, Dudley will be part of Gloucestershire soon,

Back