• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Kit Thread - slag off what you want in here

It's a similar colour to this one and this is an all time favourite of mine (except for the rubbish badge).

1983f61a3fa8afa2788fbb3e2f14a56f.jpg

The sponsor and collar let it down though.

I was nowhere near as keen on last season's colour as most were.

That was a great shirt. The collar being a similar colour to last years shirt is a little strange but it doesn't make that much difference imo. I have no issue with the sponsor either, i must be easily pleased when it comes to our shirts.

The media took the piss out of last years shirt. We’ve been wearing orange for my entire lifetime. Media were confused why we were all of a sudden wearing “yellow”.

As for my thoughts, it’s a football shirt. I like last years even if it was “yellow”, but now we’ve just gone back to our normal orange. The sponsor is shit, but oh well, they pay us lots of money. Collar is a bit strange being a different colour.

I never buy them anyway, someone normally buys it me for Xmas or birthday. Not fussed if they do or don’t.

The media took the piss out of last years shirt. We’ve been wearing orange for my entire lifetime. Media were confused why we were all of a sudden wearing “yellow”.

As for my thoughts, it’s a football shirt. I like last years even if it was “yellow”, but now we’ve just gone back to our normal orange. The sponsor is shit, but oh well, they pay us lots of money. Collar is a bit strange being a different colour.

I never buy them anyway, someone normally buys it me for Xmas or birthday. Not fussed if they do or don’t.
The colour of our shirt should imo be that of the one on Parkin's avatar. Last years although a touch light was pretty close.

Did they?

It was voted best shirt of last season by both BBC and Sky.

Did they?

It was voted best shirt of last season by both BBC and Sky.

Well it was a nice shirt, not sure they were arsed about the colour (that’s only us who do that).

I quite regularly heard commentators say “bit strange seeing wolves play in a yellow kit

Adidas' templates this season are truly dreadful. Benfica away kit uses the same pattern / template and it's even worse. I'll try and sneak a picture tomorrow from the stadium shop. But you can see it here.

Away kit seemed better on the leak, let's wait for it. Not holding my breath though.

Quite like that one mainly as they haven't dicked around with the colour on the collar

Adidas' templates this season are truly dreadful. Benfica away kit uses the same pattern / template and it's even worse. I'll try and sneak a picture tomorrow from the stadium shop. But you can see it here.

Away kit seemed better on the leak, let's wait for it. Not holding my breath though.

Think the Benfica one looks a lot better as the base colour is monochrome.

How does the shirt fit compared to last year? Last years fitted me perfectly in large but wouldn’t want any smaller, XL was way too big.

How does the shirt fit compared to last year? Last years fitted me perfectly in large but wouldn’t want any smaller, XL was way too big.

I had XXL last year as the shoulders were a little tight on the XL. Its baggy around the middle but thats better than tight around the top. I am hoping this years is similar. Please let me know. FYI I am normally about 38-40 waist and a 46-48 chest.

I must confess I went for the away shirt.

Bumped into someone yesterday who was wearing one.
In the flesh, it really doesn't look so bad.
When the pics were first released, my only issue was the difference in the collar colour, compared to the shirt, a la Kenny. Initially I thought (as no-one mentioned it) that it was just me being pernickety. However I'm glad to join the bandwagon :)

However, seeing someone wearing it, it really ain't that bad at all. Some of the responses, in typical online style, are somewhat exaggerated.

I can see how some are comparing it with last years, and are unhappy. The issue with last years kit was the simplicity of the kit as much as anything.

I won't buy it, as I simply don't have upwards of £50 for a tshirt (effectively). Last time I bought a top was the doritos one, so it has been an exceptionally long time since I could afford a football top! That said, football kits aren't the most pragmatic of clothing imo.

Right mine has just arrived.

Fair to say the image posted on Twitter is closer to the truth than the pictures posted by Wolves. The colour of the collar against the 2 tone orange is not a good look. They would have been better keeping the base colour of the shirt the same as last year and just using a darker tone of that for the pattern.

I liked the press release pictures but the actual product is not good at all. Will be returning mine today.

So, did you return it?

Didn't get to the Post Office yesterday but off out in the next 20 mins and the shirt will be posted back.

Cheers. I might go and have a look during my lunchbreak before doing the inevitable

Think the Benfica one looks a lot better as the base colour is monochrome.

It's worse, the red is less red but more fuschia color, the silver blue background is bland and the round things do nothing to abate it.

I would like to see the kit in person to judge it better, but the whole template looks like a crap shot

It's worse, the red is less red but more fuschia color, the silver blue background is bland and the round things do nothing to abate it.

I would like to see the kit in person to judge it better, but the whole template looks like a crap shot

The template is shit, no doubt there.

I just think grey lends itself marginally better to the pattern than orange.

Back