• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a listen to the OldGoldWolf podcasts. The player view is pretty consistent
Okay, will have a look for them! Hadn’t realised that

Who is it that hates Kightly now because they (like me) thought he lied about wanting to stay haha!

Nearly every player says the same thing about Hoddle as a manager (not just Wolves players). Really good coach but shocking at man-management.

Except Teddy Sheringham who calls him a cunt.
I'm in Teddy's camp!

As for Beale, one hell of a gamble if true but more exciting in many ways than many of the other names we've been linked with.

Teddy S

‘When I was a 14-year-old, playing for Tottenham Schoolboys, I used to get to those first team games early so that I could watch Hoddle warm up. He was so graceful. The ball would come over and he would catch it on his back, knock it up and volley it back to where it came from. Everything he did was so classy, I couldn’t wait to watch him play. Then when I met him man to man, it was “Oh my God, what a cunt’. I can’t believe this.”

Have a listen to the OldGoldWolf podcasts. The player view is pretty consistent. Don't listen to the ones who played under Hoddle though as that doesn't suit my narrative
Got a link?

I'm gonna be really sad if Solbakken is football-cancelled.

Got a link?
Sorry it was OldGoldClub...this is the Kightly one

Last edited:
If true, I think it would be a pretty exciting appointment. Definitely a gamble though!

From a brief look on Twitter and the mix, I’m surprised by how much negativity there is towards him.

From a brief look on Twitter and the mix, I’m surprised by how much negativity there is towards him.
I'm not. Because I'm fairly certain that:

a) They hadn't heard of him 6 months ago. Most probably not even now.
b) They think being assistant to Gerrard means he must be crap.
c) They think that unless he's a PL manager or a highly rated foreigner he must be crap.

Basically all the sort of people that would have turned their nose up at Graham Potter before he moved to Brighton.

I'm not. Because I'm fairly certain that:

a) They hadn't heard of him 6 months ago. Most probably not even now.
b) They think being assistant to Gerrard means he must be crap.
c) They think that unless he's a PL manager or a highly rated foreigner he must be crap.

Basically all the sort of people that would have turned their nose up at Graham Potter before he moved to Brighton.
There was definitely a time when folk were turning their noses up at potter even when he was at Brighton.

Wait, this Beale fellow is a managerial candidate? Who is he? Where did he come from?

What the fuck is happening at this club

Teddy S

‘When I was a 14-year-old, playing for Tottenham Schoolboys, I used to get to those first team games early so that I could watch Hoddle warm up. He was so graceful. The ball would come over and he would catch it on his back, knock it up and volley it back to where it came from. Everything he did was so classy, I couldn’t wait to watch him play. Then when I met him man to man, it was “Oh my God, what a cunt’. I can’t believe this.”
I agree with Teddy's last line.

Oddly....I like appointments like Beale. Shows actual moxey (scuse the obvious) instead of same old Mendes men.

Could be a disaster - and I'd much rather have Nuno back - but I'd be happy enough with a gamble on an impressive figure like this.

Lack of experience is my main problem because we have some good internationals

If it's a choice between Beale and the next random name off the Mendes production line, you can fire up the Bealemobile for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back