• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because you can't 'part-time manage' a PL team? Because this Lopetegui fixation is all one-sided and delusional? Because Jeff doesn't have any kind of agreement from him, the guy doesn't want to manage us full time or part time now or in a few months, and Jeff is just pissing in the wind as he has no other ideas and Scott is too busy managing the first team to contribute any?
You can put a guy who would struggle to get a job at Lye Town in charge until 2023, but you couldn’t get Lopetegui to come over midweek to watch some training and think about what he could do with the current squad when he’s available full time?

That said, I agree Jeff is probably pissing in the wind, and he’s on course to be the Antichrist.

Make your mind up. First you say I've lifted straight from the Matt Pearson article (where he details his role as a 'performance analyst') then say I've conflated it with scouting. Scouting, as I understand it, is assessing individual players suitability for purchase by the club. None of which I mentioned. The general examples I tried to give are very much part (however small) of the role of an analyst.

Regardless, in simple terms, being one source of data or analysis as part of Matt Pearson's team does not equate to picking the team, or deciding on substitutions or tactics.
I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that isn't just what a scout does and you really haven't a fucking scooby about how a club runs.

Come back to me when you've actually done some research.

Me, me, me, me, me me. I know this one.

Because one of them is Johnny.
Thanks for that, nothing to say as usual, can't you go and pollute a horse thread with your animal cruelty rubbish instead?

And you got a like from a non-Wolves fan to. Must be exhilarating

Martins is off to Qatar
He was never one I was enthusiastic about in the sense of "get him, he'll definitely sort us out". He would have been better than a month and half (I'm counting from the City game here, our own stupidity can go in the loop) of complete inertia though.

The arrogance of throwing games away really annoys me. Even more than the Sainsburys website.

Thanks for that, nothing to say as usual, can't you go and pollute a horse thread with your animal cruelty rubbish instead?

And you got a like from a non-Wolves fan to. Must be exhilarating
Johnny - some of what you say is very intelligent and insightful and I enjoy reading it. Seriously.
But eventually your aggressive attitude spoils it all.
Anyway, the hostility (primarily you), and negativity (almost everyone except Kenny) on this forum is getting too much for me.
I'll be back, but need a break for now.

Johnny - some of what you say is very intelligent and insightful and I enjoy reading it. Seriously.
But eventually your aggressive attitude spoils it all.
Anyway, the hostility (primarily you), and negativity (almost everyone except Kenny) on this forum is getting too much for me.
I'll be back, but need a break for now.
Parking views of individual posters and styles, I'd be interested to know what the expectation other than the negativity is?

You are the second poster who has said they are leaving the forum (in your case temporarily) because of it. We are run like an absolute shitshow and have been for some time, we are next to bottom of the league with a bunch of players who to various degrees don't have any confidence or can't be arsed. We sacked our manager 26 days ago and are no closer to getting a replacement than the moment he went. Without a significant change we are going down.

Seriously, posting styles aside what positivity/lack of negativity are you looking for?

I agree with most of your post Tony but there are two possible reasons to be positive. 1. Fosun are in the doo doo financially and are looking to sell us and 2. Shi has reportedly now accepted that he needs to continue to look for a new head coach instead of just kicking the can down the road.

If Jeff isn't actively pursuing a new manager then what else does he spend his day doing? Playing esport conkers?

My take on the views on negativity aren’t that they feel they are unwarranted or wrong (certainly my take for Dennisons, less so Walnut), but more that Wolves are already depressing so why spend more time making you more depressed.

Some people see talking/reading about it therapy others may see it as adding to the misery so are taking themselves away from it. Each to their own

I agree with most of your post Tony but there are two possible reasons to be positive. 1. Fosun are in the doo doo financially and are looking to sell us and 2. Shi has reportedly now accepted that he needs to continue to look for a new head coach instead of just kicking the can down the road.
I disagree with your logic.

Fosun are looking to sell at a bad time. Nobody is going to want to buy us at the price they will be looking for: the best way to describe how this will pan out is “protracted saga”.

If Jeff succeeds in his search a new manager, the new manager will be crap.

I disagree with your logic.

Fosun are looking to sell at a bad time. Nobody is going to want to buy us at the price they will be looking for: the best way to describe how this will pan out is “protracted saga”.

If Jeff succeeds in his search a new manager, the new manager will be crap.
You don't know any of that and that is overly negative at a time when there's enough in the real world to be pissed off at.

You don't know any of that and that is overly negative at a time when there's enough in the real world to be pissed off at.
Personally I think it’s reasonable.

I have seen no evidence coming out of the club that they have ‘any kind of clue about anything at all’.

They have got literally nothing right for two years or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back