• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

I'm not as bad as I used to be but I still have a massive issue with certain textures which makes all sauces a massive no no. Plus just the smell of tomato sauce used to make me wretch.
I don't like to cause a scene in restaurants/pubs/cafes (having worked in pubs 20+ years ago, dickhead customers moaning about everything for the sake of it are just the worst, and the staff are generally doing their best so have a bit of respect) but when I was back in Manchester 18 months or so ago I ordered a breakfast explicitly asking for no beans and they still put them on there, so I had to send it straight back and get them to do it again. That's a deal breaker for me, just leaving them isn't an option because they taint everything with their shit sugary designed for 7 year olds sauce and rancid smell.

Mind you we did look at a pizza place for a family meal a few weeks ago and the only vegetarian option (for Mrs DW) was margherita. Ok then, we'll be going somewhere else.
Surely they made the pizzas to order and could have make her one with her preferred toppings?

Just be polite and use a sausage as a breakwater...
Would have to be a Richmond sausage, because the overspill would render it inedible (so best to start with one in that condition originally).

Places using shit ingredients can fuck off as well.

Surely they made the pizzas to order and could have make her one with her preferred toppings?
Why take that gamble though, what if they say no, or it takes way longer to do that one than everyone else's. Easier to use one of the hundreds of alternative places that have something suitable on the menu to start with.

I don't like asking for substitutions just in general. If I'm going out for a meal, I want the meal as it was designed. Those recipes don't just fall out of the sky. If the dish isn't planned to be meatless, I ain't risking the drop in quality that might come from futzing around with it.

Why take that gamble though, what if they say no, or it takes way longer to do that one than everyone else's. Easier to use one of the hundreds of alternative places that have something suitable on the menu to start with.
Shouldn't really be an issue for any Pizzeria though, they have the bases and a range of toppings and just put them together and cook. I have to do this myself as I (to my eternal regret) don't eat cheese so have to ask for one which is cheese free. They're a piece of piss to knock up providing its not a place where they have pre-prepared pizzas that they just heat up

Shouldn't really be an issue for any Pizzeria though, they have the bases and a range of toppings and just put them together and cook. I have to do this myself as I (to my eternal regret) don't eat cheese so have to ask for one which is cheese free. They're a piece of piss to knock up providing its not a place where they have pre-prepared pizzas that they just heat up
Shouldn't be an issue to have an adequate menu either...

Fairy nuff, I'm surprised that they only had that one (boring) veggie option
Daft really, they also had three pasta dishes...all non vegetarian. I mean that's the very easiest, basic meal to make veggie-friendly, any number of ways.

Their problem, the £150ish bill went elsewhere.

I've got a mate who rejects any and all toppings on a burger. It's unreal. Just why.
My mate is the same. He loves a double cheeseburger from McDonald's, but it has to be completely plain. Bun, cheese, burger. Nothing else.

And I've never heard of a pizza place that doesn't do vegetarian. Even my local scabby high street chicken joints offer a veggie pizza.

I'm not as bad as I used to be but I still have a massive issue with certain textures which makes all sauces a massive no no. Plus just the smell of tomato sauce used to make me wretch.
Yeah my lad loves a dominoes pizza, buy has it with just cheese and pepperoni, he detests a tomato or bbq base sauce, but has bbq sauce on nuggets etc, fucking weird, I blame his mom's genes.

Seriously why does anyone eat pizza anyway? It's essentially 80% base, just eat the toppings on their own. Nobody says I'm really hungry, I know I'll warm up a pizza base. Delicious!

I've trained myself to like a few things as I've got older - mushrooms, beans, celery, stuffing, custard, tinned tomatoes

Fresh tomato can get in the bin though. I will try a small yellow vine one or something every now and then, just to see, nope

Seriously why does anyone eat pizza anyway? It's essentially 80% base, just eat the toppings on their own. Nobody says I'm really hungry, I know I'll warm up a pizza base. Delicious!
By that logic it's the same as saying why bother with the bread on a bacon and tomato sandwich.

Carbs, cheese, tomato, greasy meats, etc. It's perfect junk food for humans.

Last edited:
Carbs, veggies, and dairy... You don't need to dress that shit up too much.

This is the inverse of the hot dog/bratwurst (yes I know they are not the same thing but over here they're eaten pretty much the same way) problem, where adding too many toppings gets you sideways looks (unless you're in Chicago, the weirdos).

I suppose my original point is that food (healthy, unhealthy, veggie or a meat feast) is fucking ace and there's so much variety, so if someone is ridiculously picky, they miss out on so much genuine awesomeness. Try new things - you might just end up enjoying them. What's the point having the same bog standard, boring meals all the time? If someone recommends something, give it a try.

I refuse to believe that a prime example of a picky fucker who objects to the vast majority of food items has tried as much as 25% of the stuff they say they 'don't like'.

This is the inverse of the hot dog/bratwurst (yes I know they are not the same thing but over here they're eaten pretty much the same way) problem, where adding too many toppings gets you sideways looks (unless you're in Chicago, the weirdos).
Now I don't like burgers that are unnecessarily big. If I need cutlery then you've gone too far.

svfaimzoshex.jpg

Less is more sometimes.

Back