• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (H) 28/10: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd briefly forgotten that O'Neil hates that catalogue model, Tippex teeth, mahogany wanker, fake manager Tindall.

tindall-jason-tindall.gif

Go on Gary.

Flipping away from the point of this thread but would love to know how he was was meant to get between the man and ball on this one. He can't step into the space as there is a runner appearing (left to do so by Gomes I think). All he can do is mark Solanke as tight as possible.

View attachment 8615

Solanke gets the ball and Kilman is doing pretty much the right thing here. Tight and stopped the instant shot/touch and shot. Leaving him 2 options - obvious one is laying it off to yet another unmarked Bournemouth player or try a clever flick. Superb finish for me and the fault lies in multiple places from a Wolves pov but not Max on this one. Plenty this season where it is his fault but for this one that is just blaming him for blaming sake IMO. Once that ball is played in it is all credit to the finish.

View attachment 8616
Yep, definitely on Toti and Dawson. Toti for not reacting quick enough to either press the ball or drop off and Dawson for following up Toti's mistake by doing exactly the same.

Yep, definitely on Toti and Dawson. Toti for not reacting quick enough to either press the ball or drop off and Dawson for following up Toti's mistake by doing exactly the same.
At the same time the failed press in the first place leads to Toti being in a shit situation 3 v 1 when our two CMs and LB are still nowhere to be seen. Dawson is trying to defend the box as they are 2v2 there with Solanke and Tavernier but then has to go out to the ball. I’m not blaming him too much there. The massive numerical disadvantage is the fundamental problem

Dezza wants to fight everyone tbf

Flipping away from the point of this thread but would love to know how he was was meant to get between the man and ball on this one. He can't step into the space as there is a runner appearing (left to do so by Gomes I think). All he can do is mark Solanke as tight as possible.

View attachment 8615

Solanke gets the ball and Kilman is doing pretty much the right thing here. Tight and stopped the instant shot/touch and shot. Leaving him 2 options - obvious one is laying it off to yet another unmarked Bournemouth player or try a clever flick. Superb finish for me and the fault lies in multiple places from a Wolves pov but not Max on this one. Plenty this season where it is his fault but for this one that is just blaming him for blaming sake IMO. Once that ball is played in it is all credit to the finish.

View attachment 8616
Good post. Just picking up on your comment re; Gomes not tracking his runner - I’ve noticed this quite a few times and whilst he’s a special talent, I do think he can switch off defensively and at times he doesn’t track his runner properly.

It could be down to lack of concentration, or could just simply be that he’s knackered considering how much ground he covers.

Whoever the journalists was on talkSPORT 2 at about 1830 tonight wins the arrogance award of the week. Works for one of the national papers and is a geordie. Asked how they would get on tonight “i think Newcastle will blow them away” dread to think what his prediction is for Saturday.

Can I ask about Santiago Lord Lucan Beuno. ?

That makes it Botman, Barnes, Murphy and Isak who will all miss our game.

Still a tough game though as Wilson is a decent striker.

90 minutes for Bruno G, Gordon and Trippier as well in a tough game (plus Wilson had to play and he’s always a couple of minutes away from getting injured at any point m)

All grand talking about problems that Newcastle have , but we still need to turn up and play to our potential in a similar manner to recent home games . Let's make sure our own game is on the money first .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back