• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (H) 28/8: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All with 36 seconds left what a geek

Newcastle are an interesting study for me, I personally don't think there side is that impressive talent wise bar one or two, but they have improved so much under Howe and seem to really use the strengths of each player, which I mention as that seems the opposite of Lage.

Newcastle are an interesting study for me, I personally don't think there side is that impressive talent wise bar one or two, but they have improved so much under Howe and seem to really use the strengths of each player, which I mention as that seems the opposite of Lage.
He bought a spine of a team which is very good.

Isak should be a good addition for them. Not sure the owners will be happy with midtable for long

I don't think they'll be mid table, they finished below us, West Ham and Leicester last season but they're better than all those teams now.

I meant more in that other than Bruno Guimaries (sp) they don't have anyone that would get in a "top 6" team I don't feel. Everyone else is solid to good but they seem to already be trying to replace the ones that used to stay up (which feels harsh wordingconsidering where they finished). I am not as big a fan of Burn as many others but he has used him extremely well, same with a few of the others and made the players like Almiron and Saint-Maxim seem far less erratic within the team shape.

Although not seen Botman to judge him I am a big fan of Pope being signed, as that's a clear upgrade for me.

If Man Utd count as 'big six' then Pope and Trippier would walk into their team.

Pope is also better than Ramsdale who is shit.

As I said in another thread, Joelinton since moving into midfield has been immense for them and easily their best, most consistent player. He would currently walk into the midfield of both Man Utd and Liverpool and instantly make them better teams. In fact, both Newcastle and our midfield look better than either Man Utd and Liverpool's from the other night.

If Man Utd count as 'big six' then Pope and Trippier would walk into their team.

Pope should be England's number 1. He should have been while still at Burnley last season, he almost certainly will by the end of this season because of the higher profile of Newcastle.

They've got 1 good player in Guimaries, a decent striker who is mostly on the treatment table, an inconsistant wild card in ASM and a good player nearing the end of his career in Trippier, a decent keeper. Don't know what their new striker is like, a competent manager. I think they'll finish 7-9.
Well beat em Sunday.

I have to say you should take the above with a pinch of salt as I've spent the last 4 hours in the pub.

Ramsdale has surprised me how much he has improved to be honest but I will concede that. I will give you Trippier, but not Pope for Utd, because Utd were stupid keeping De Gea over Henderson if you ask me!

As I said in another thread, Joelinton since moving into midfield has been immense for them and easily their best, most consistent player. He would currently walk into the midfield of both Man Utd and Liverpool and instantly make them better teams. In fact, both Newcastle and our midfield look better than either Man Utd and Liverpool's from the other night.

Their midfield is really underrated, it'll be a good test for ours.

They've got 1 good player in Guimaries, a decent striker who is mostly on the treatment table, an inconsistant wild card in ASM and a good player nearing the end of his career in Trippier, a decent keeper. Don't know what their new striker is like, a competent manager. I think they'll finish 7-9.
Well beat em Sunday.

I have to say you should take the above with a pinch of salt as I've spent the last 4 hours in the pub.
I disagree with most of this. It's the sort of post one of their fans will find, put on their forum, and laugh amongst themselves about how deluded Wolves fans are. Newcastle play as a very effective team and their results this calendar year show it. I can't see us scoring three against any team this season, let alone Man City.

Bruno G and Joelinton are a top class midfield, I’m hoping ASM had his unplayable game for the season last week so won’t be as good this week. No Wilson is a big bonus for us but I can’t see us getting more than a draw at best

I disagree with most of this. It's the sort of post one of their fans will find, put on their forum, and laugh amongst themselves about how deluded Wolves fans are. Newcastle play as a very effective team and their results this calendar year show it. I can't see us scoring three against any team this season, let alone Man City.
Not sure what you're disagreeing with, I stand by my opinion of their players, thought I was being quite complimentary actually, no doubt opposition fans will have a similar view of our players.
What I was trying to point out is that Newcastle while much improved aren't as good as some of our fans seem to be suggesting and predicting a heavy loss.
You think they will finish higher than 7th?

Well beat em Sunday.

You are seriously underestimating them here.

You are seriously underestimating them here.
We'll see, I'm not saying they're crap by any means, it just seems after a very good performance against City they're being talked up quite a lot. I certainly don't think their players as a whole are any better than ours, obviously it looks currently like Howe is a better coach.

We'll see, I'm not saying they're crap by any means, it just seems after a very good performance against City they're being talked up quite a lot. I certainly don't think their players as a whole are any better than ours, obviously it looks currently like Howe is a better coach.

I think only Neves, Ait nouri and Neto would get in their side. I don't think Kilman & Collins are levels above what Newcastle have and we havent seen enough of Nunes or Guedes to say definitively say of they are improvements on Joelinton or ASM.

I think only Neves, Ait nouri and Neto would get in their side. I don't think Kilman & Collins are levels above what Newcastle have and we havent seen enough of Nunes or Guedes to say definitively say of they are improvements on Joelinton or ASM.
I'd say Collins and Kilman are already better than what they have.
Although they've started a bit average, our full backs would surely get in their first 11 at LB
Admit I'm taking a flyer with not much evidence that Nunes will be as good Guimares.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back