• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Next Manager chat.

Spent the last 3 seasons bigging us up. Every time we played them he was falling over himself to say how good we were. Playing the long game was Mr Evans, hoping 3 years of being nice would give him a chance.

I wouldn't have thought the bloke would be a hands on coach, and when talking seems tactically stupid, so what does he offer?

I wouldn't have thought the bloke would be a hands on coach, and when talking seems tactically stupid, so what does he offer?

Not for one second saying he should get the job! Nothing wrong with someone thinking "I can do that job" even if their skill set screams "no you fucking cannot".

You just have to hope the ones doing the hiring spot that (unlike Morgan with Saunders for example)

Edwards in charge on Saturday.

Everyone will be trying to see if any special guests are in the Directors seats

Evans managed Leeds, and I suppose if you take the rose tinted glasses off for a second, there are plenty of comparisons to be made between the two clubs (massive fanbase, large expectancy, underachieving, rich history etc). He actually did a very good job at Leeds. He took over with them a point above the relegation zone and managed them to a finish closer to the play offs.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility to think Steve Evans could see himself as a suitable target for our job.

According to posters on TWF, you are the equivalent to a murderer on death row. Could you expand on any criminal activity you have partaken in?

Absolutely spot on, apart form the fact that nobody has said anything of the sort.

It's quite possible that the E&S could potentially be correct and it is conceivable that there may or may not perhaps be a theoretical mystery manager who might or might not have applied.

It's quite possible that the E&S could potentially be correct and it is conceivable that there may or may not perhaps be a theoretical mystery manager who might or might not have applied.
I'd have believed you if you'd started your post "It's my understanding that..."

Viera now at 18/1 and fourth favourite.

That would do me.

Why would people suddenly be happy with Vieira? Zenga was more experienced?? A big name doesn't guarantee success

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think people would just prefer a young modern manager than someone who has been around the block and failed.

What he said.

Experienced and failed, or untried and potentially great.

Why would people suddenly be happy with Vieira? Zenga was more experienced?? A big name doesn't guarantee success

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zenga's experience was largely failure, the writing was always on the wall with him, Vieira would be more of an unknown quantity.

Zenga had nearly 20 years of management behind him during which he'd done very little. We know why now.

City have clearly thought extremely highly of Vieira for a long time, I don't know if they're just parking him over in New York to assess whether he's ready to take over when Pep goes (you would think it fairly unlikely after walking away from Barca and Bayern after four and three years apiece that he's going to stay much longer than that in Manchester).

Back