• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Next Manager chat.

What... like Solskjaer and Giggs? (pardon the spelling)

Solskjaer has league wins though, league wins are uncommon in management so must count for something, only 5/92 managers can add a league win to their C.V a year. Saw Evans mentioned here and hope that isn't based on anything concrete, tenuous link time, I have a friend of a friend whose brother played for a club under Evans charge and they were extremely damming of him and his style, said a lot of the players flat out didn't follow what he said and played on guile and experience and that he wasn't really aware or capable as was just interested in screaming and balling (or perhaps didn't care if they were getting results) that was from the brother btw, not the player.

He's never stuck me as someone who will be out there on the training pitch with strict views on style, tactics etc, so I take some element of truth in that.

Pat Murphy reckons Lambert will be offered the job within the next 24 hours.

Keep an eye on the directors box tomorrow folks.....

Pat Murphy reckons Lambert will be offered the job within the next 24 hours.

Keep an eye on the directors box tomorrow folks.....

I would be quite happy with Lambert - think he made a couple of bad choices in Villa (in decline, lacking investment to compete) and Blackburn (Venky's, that is all), but his work at Colchester and Norwich was noteworthy.

Let's hope that he can rediscover his attacking principles... if he does then it may prove to be a good choice. His Norwich team were very gung-ho a lot of the time. I worry that he always looks quite worn out, as management can do to you but I know that in between jobs he has gone across europe studying other managers/teams so hopefully the desire to improve is there.

Villa supporting mate of mine was loving the fact we're being closely linked to Lambert. His view was as follows - "Lambert is so boring and plays very negative football".

I suppose that's part of the reason I prefer Pearson. I like a charismatic manager. Someone with a sense of humour and someone who can provide a bit of entertainment week in week out. That's why I loved Mick.

I'm worried that Lambert would be boring both on and off the pitch - and when you have a manager in charge who isn't exactly oozing in personality, I worry that as soon as we go through a bad patch our fans (who are renowned for being impatient and difficult to please) will be all over him.

Villa supporting mate of mine was loving the fact we're being closely linked to Lambert. His view was as follows - "Lambert is so boring and plays very negative football".

I suppose that's part of the reason I prefer Pearson. I like a charismatic manager. Someone with a sense of humour and someone who can provide a bit of entertainment week in week out. That's why I loved Mick.

I'm worried that Lambert would be boring both on and off the pitch - and when you have a manager in charge who isn't exactly oozing in personality, I worry that as soon as we go through a bad patch our fans (who are renowned for being impatient and difficult to please) will be all over him.
Pearson is a far more objectionable individual than Lambert. People would be on at Pearson as soon as he did anything untoward. I think he'd be very unpopular.

As for Lambert's style of play - if he replicates what he did with Norwich then I'll be more than happy. As for his time in charge of Villa and Blackburn - you can't polish a turd.

I've said this a few times but it remains to be seen if he can replicate his Norwich days and I'm just hoping that he can with the resources at his disposal from Fosun.

Pearson is a far more objectionable individual than Lambert. People would be on at Pearson as soon as he did anything untoward. I think he'd be very unpopular.

As for Lambert's style of play - if he replicates what he did with Norwich then I'll be more than happy. As for his time in charge of Villa and Blackburn - you can't polish a turd.

I've said this a few times but it remains to be seen if he can replicate his Norwich days and I'm just hoping that he can with the resources at his disposal from Fosun.

It's a done deal with Lambert, according to the BBC. Good enough for me.

Hopefully Lambert will be the right man. He's certainly well qualified enough. Personally, I think that he's a great choice.

Lambert
Supposedly seen as a safe pair of hands. I think he will see quickly through our defensive frailties. May help us get a few Scots interested in coming here such as Cummings? Who knows. We need 60 points from the next 32 games to make the play offs as a minimum so he must hit the ground running. Will the Fosun board back him in January? I would be very surprised if not.

Pat Murphy.

Wolves don't want focus to be taken away from the match v @dcfcofficial but no more interviews planned. Seems Lambert reassured after 1/2

2/2 his experience with Venkys & Lerner. Wolves impressed by Lambert's experience of the C'ship & keeping @AVFCOfficial in P Lge

Understand @OfficialWolves wary of gambling after failing with Zenga. Lambert seen as safe pair of hands. German experience also helps.

I want Pearson but will gladly back Paul Lambert..

BBC/Sky Sports generally reliable enough! How used is Lambert to foreign players though, does anybody know?

BBC/Sky Sports generally reliable enough! How used is Lambert to foreign players though, does anybody know?

He won the Champion League with Borussia Dortmund so I'd imagine he's quite familiar...

IMO, its as good as an appointment as MM if Lambert is the chosen one.

It could go either way. It's a great opportunity for him to resurrect his career, and if he can't, he won't last very long.

He won the Champion League with Borussia Dortmund so I'd imagine he's quite familiar...

How odd. Completely missed that. That'd be a hell of a pub quiz question.

Back