• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

NFL: TWF Grid Iron League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wk17 updated.

That marks the end of the regular season for the main league. James' H2H has another week to run.

So James vs Punts for the Superbowl and Pompey vs Carrot for the Sacko bowl?

Nope! I'm just writing it all up now Tony, give me a few mins.

Which means, it's time for the results. And James wins the main Points League. Congrats to him. He's been there almost all season so fully deserved.

James 2312.42
Darlo 2276.20
Bear 2258.90
Tony 2230.84
Punts 2205.34
Johnny 2177.44
Carrot 2172.72
Metal 2157.51
Pompey 2091.82

James also wins the Placings League so another well done. The race for 2nd however, decides who goes through to the Superbowl along with James. It was hotly contested with Punts and Metal both finishing on 87 points. Tiebreakers kick in at this point (most 1st places) which means Metal takes it on account of three 1st places to none. Congrats Metal.

James 96
Metal 87
Punts 87
Tony 86
Bear 86
Johnny 82
Carrot 79
Darlo 79
Pompey 75

All that means that the Superbowl will be:

James v Metal

Sacko incoming....

Didnt realise I won both of those as well as H2H regular season, Lamar and the Ravens have helped a lot this year. Can you get me a new forum title for this Bear :whistle:

Game on Metal

The race at the bottom of the leagues was fairly straightforward. Pompey finishes rock bottom of the Points League by over 60 points, so he's straight through to the Sackobowl.

The bottom of the Placings League was also Pompey by 4 points, so the other Sacko competitor is the next person up. Which is tied between Darlo and Carrot. Again, Tiebreakers kick in, this time most 9ths, which Carrot wins 4-2 (or loses!).

Which means the Sackobowl will be:

Pompey v Carrot

Fear not all those left out. James' post-season will include everyone.

I'll be doing a contest for all the playoff weeks and Superbowl so everyone will still play every week. It's just some will have more to play for than others.

Fear not all those left out. James' post-season will include everyone.

I'll be doing a contest for all the playoff weeks and Superbowl so everyone will still play every week. It's just some will have more to play for than others.

Correction my post season outside the top 4 is just for fun as it wont work on a h2h basis due to there only being 3 game weeks and 4 rounds of h2h games. So it would mirror what youre doing in the best of the rest

Good work guys.

I have no idea how I was even in contention, it’s been a shocker of a year for me. So many awful weeks.

You are over 100 less than last season and im almost over 200 better off. Again a lot is down to Lamar

Basically James won because the team he supports is good this year [emoji1].

Bring on the sacko

The race at the bottom of the leagues was fairly straightforward. Pompey finishes rock bottom of the Points League by over 60 points, so he's straight through to the Sackobowl.

The bottom of the Placings League was also Pompey by 4 points, so the other Sacko competitor is the next person up. Which is tied between Darlo and Carrot. Again, Tiebreakers kick in, this time most 9ths, which Carrot wins 4-2 (or loses!).

Which means the Sackobowl will be:

Pompey v Carrot

NOOooooo... The Sacko was my target this season. Bloody stupid great final week selections! I want a re-count :icon_lol:

Alphabetical order?

I think I need to change my strategy from just throw in any old team before Thursday so as not to miss the deadline with the intention of having a proper look at it before Sunday...and then not touching it again. Though to be fair having a proper look at it might make things even worse...

I think I need to change my strategy from just throw in any old team before Thursday so as not to miss the deadline with the intention of having a proper look at it before Sunday...and then not touching it again. Though to be fair having a proper look at it might make things even worse...

I throw any old team in and at 4pm on a sunday I’ll do my research and change what needs changing

Basically James won because the team he supports is good this year [emoji1].

Bring on the sacko

And until week 8 everyone thought they were shit

Wk18 contest is up.

Normal week for H2H but the first week of the points league playoffs.

Week 18
Pompey - Bye 8-8
Carrott 3-12 v James 12-3
Tony 7-8 v Bear 10-5
Johnny 8-7 v Punts 7-8
Metal 6-9 v Darlo 7-8

Last edited:
Metal not in yet. 1hr left.

Let’s hope that is not the case, would be gutted for you if it ended this way in h2h terms and pretty shitty for me to start the super bowl against him with a free hit week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back