• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

NFL: TWF Grid Iron League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really sure what to do in this case. Possibly if he misses next week as well then I'll have to promote someone else.

Dunno yet, we don't know what Metal's circumstances are.

Not really sure what to do in this case. Possibly if he misses next week as well then I'll have to promote someone else.

Dunno yet, we don't know what Metal's circumstances are.

Have the next best player’s score logged so there’s something there for your game. I’m not sure what I’m going to do about H2H but we’ll wait to hear from Metal

I PMed him yesterday evening and resent the invite but I haven't heard anything so maybe he has stuff going on.

The scores are all there any way if I need to sort something else out.

We’ll cross that bridge when we get to it

I’m still going to do a weekly table for week 18 on Metal scoring a 0.

If he has managed to put a team in it will be adjusted accordingly.

I’ll need sometime going over the tiebreakers as 4 of you are on 8-8

The current breakdown of the tie breaker before i put the table up

Johnny, pompey, punts & Darlo all are 8-8

I’ve broke down there h2h mini league into a group of 4 with there results
Pompey 4-2 (0-2 vs Punts, 1-1 vs Johnny, 1-1 Darlo)
Darlo 3-3 (1-1 vs Punts, 1-1 vs Johnny, 1-1 vs Pompey) darlo over punts on total points scored including week 18’s points
——————————————————————————
Punts 3-3 (2-0 vs Johnny, 1-1 vs Darlo, 0-2 vs Pompey)
Johnny 2-4 (0-2 vs Punts, 1-1 vs Pompey & 1-1 vs Darlo)

This is the current breakdown that I’m working with as metal’s no show and a 4th player ending up on 8-8 has thrown a spanner into the works.

Standby while I double check this

Week 18 (wild card week)
Pompey - Bye 104.62
James v Carrott 127.98 - 94.82
Tony v The Bear 124.22 - 142.96
Johnny v Punts 90.72 - 133.02
Metal v Darlo 00.00 - 127.62

C- James 13-3
2- The Bear 11-5
3- Pompey 8-8
4- Darlo 8-8
——————————————————
5- Punts 8-8
6- Johnny 8-8
7- Tony 7-9
8- Metal 6-10
9- Carrott 3-13

Thank you all for playing this years regular season H2H competition next season will have some tweeks to improve the game but I appreciate everyone giving it a try.

H2H post season play offs.
Across the next 3 game weeks we’ll have the post season for the top 4 starting with the divisionals. This will not affect the table just will decided the h2h super bowl winner. The semi finals will consist of 2 game weeks between the top 4 ranked players with the highest score going onto the super bowl where it’s a straight 1 game final and the two losers will have a 3rd place play off for fun.

Play offs
(Rank 1) James 13-3 vs (Rank 4) Darlo 8-8
(Rank 2) The Bear 11-5 vs (Rank 3) Pompey 8-8

Just a thought James... There are 8 teams left in the race to the Super Bowl so why not just go with the top 8... 1v8, 2v7, 3v6 and 4v5 in a head to head race to a final 2 on Super Bowl night?

Just a thought James... There are 8 teams left in the race to the Super Bowl so why not just go with the top 8... 1v8, 2v7, 3v6 and 4v5 in a head to head race to a final 2 on Super Bowl night?

Or do what you've suggested :icon_lol:

POST-SEASON WK1

SUPERBOWL

Punts 133.02
James 127.98

With Metal missing this it seems unfair to carry on even if he makes the final three weeks. He'll be over 120 points down and it'd be unlikely to make that back up any way. So I've made the decision to promote Punts to the Superbowl. Sorry Metal if you're reading this, but I needed to do something to keep it as fair and competitive as possible.

SACKOBOWL

Pompey 104.62
Carrot 94.82

(remember, lowest score takes the unwanted title)

Damn it I’m in for a fight with punts then

Just a thought James but would the final weeks of your H2H be slightly better the other way round, as in a normal H2H this week then a two week H2H for the title?

The reason being the amount of actual games playing. You have 4 this week, then 2 the week after, and 1 for the Superbowl. So the two week H2H would contain 6 games, and the final just 1. The other way around would be 4 games, then 3. Just a bit more evenly balanced is all, and the overall winner not just reliant one real-life game. Unless you prefer it that way.

Completely up to you, it's just a suggestion.

Just a thought James but would the final weeks of your H2H be slightly better the other way round, as in a normal H2H this week then a two week H2H for the title?

The reason being the amount of actual games playing. You have 4 this week, then 2 the week after, and 1 for the Superbowl. So the two week H2H would contain 6 games, and the final just 1. The other way around would be 4 games, then 3. Just a bit more evenly balanced is all, and the overall winner not just reliant one real-life game. Unless you prefer it that way.

Completely up to you, it's just a suggestion.

Good suggestion I’m looking at the 4 tied on 8-8 and it’s unfair someone will miss out but I’ve been set on a top 4 from week 1 but I’m mulling pitching a top 6 post season with the top 2 getting byes and the 4 tied on 8-8 going head to head for the 2 places over this weekends divisional play offs.

The 2 options I have are -

A: top 4 carry on with play offs
B: top 6 go into play offs with top 2 getting week 1 byes and the next 4 go head to head for the semi’s and superbowl

Yeah that would be a good idea. I was trying to think of a way to work it with 6 teams but didn't think of the obvious way they do it in real life with 1st Rd byes!

Or the suggestion I made this morning...

You could split the 8 players into two Conferences with 1, 3, 6 and 8 in one and 2, 4, 5 and 7 in the other as we are now down to the last 8 and past the bye weeks...

1 v 8, 3 v 6; 2 v 7 and 4 v 5

Knockout, same as the real NFL and the winners of the two "conferences" go head to head on Super Bowl night

I’ve got time to think and we’ve got some great suggestions. I’ll have a think and get back to you all this afternoon

Or the suggestion I made this morning...

You could split the 8 players into two Conferences with 1, 3, 6 and 8 in one and 2, 4, 5 and 7 in the other as we are now down to the last 8 and past the bye weeks...

1 v 8, 3 v 6; 2 v 7 and 4 v 5

Knockout, same as the real NFL and the winners of the two "conferences" go head to head on Super Bowl night
I understand that suggestion so that everyone plays, but that means bottom of the league (or 8th) has a chance of winning the whole thing. I think you should at least reward the top few players more than just a seeding style matchup. Same as real life really. Only the top ones go through. Top 4 or 6 is more than enough.

Well in the NFL getting a bye week doesn't mean you get a walkover when the Wild Card weekend is over, Vikings might win the whole thing! (I know, not a chance :icon_lol: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back