• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

NFL: TWF Grid Iron League

Status
Not open for further replies.
My argument to the suggestions is we’ve gone 18 weeks thinking it’s the top 4 only getting into the post season. If we start adding the lower ranked sides whats the point of having the league.

Hopefully next season, we’ll have new players so the play offs can be expanded. I am taking everyones opinions into consideration of course

My argument to the suggestions is we’ve gone 18 weeks thinking it’s the top 4 only getting into the post season. If we start adding the lower ranked sides whats the point of having the league.

Hopefully next season, we’ll have new players so the play offs can be expanded. I am taking everyones opinions into consideration of course

Yeah, no worries James, it was just me thinking out loud!

Carry on, nothing to see here :icon_mrgreen:

Mind you, I'm glad to see that you're not running scared of me ;)

Will consider joining in next year. Only a casual NFL follower, but a keen researcher, and would be nice to add another title to my collection...
Would need an idiots guide to this though, assume you don't have to pick a full ~45 person squad each week?

Yeah, no worries James, it was just me thinking out loud!

Carry on, nothing to see here :icon_mrgreen:

Mind you, I'm glad to see that you're not running scared of me ;)

I’ll let Lamar do my running. I really like your idea and bear’s but I’m not a fan of messing with the play-offs in the middle of the play offs.

Will consider joining in next year. Only a casual NFL follower, but a keen researcher, and would be nice to add another title to my collection...
Would need an idiots guide to this though, assume you don't have to pick a full ~45 person squad each week?

It’s good fun and the more the merrier I was hoping we’d get a few newbies next season

It's with "Draft Kings". You pick a QB, 2 x RB, 3 x WR, a TE, a "flex" and a Defence. You re-select each week when Bear sends you the invite

That sounds somewhat manageable. Will have a look next season.

That sounds somewhat manageable. Will have a look next season.

Oh and you have a wage limit so you can't go around picking all the best players, there's a wage cap

Oh of course. Did I mention a mate of mine works for Saracens...

Giving every thing thought and having a delay in kin to a VAR check. I’ve decided to leave the post season as planned and will make potential changes after this season.

Therefore the top 4 will battle it out in a H2H over the next 3 weeks. With the first 2 weeks acting as a home and away situation that will be based on H2H from the regular season, if 1-1 it then will go to post season H2H if still 1-1 it will go to the points scored in these 2 weeks and not the main table.

Should it not just be H2H, 2-0 and through, 1-1 then points aggregate, then regular season h2h if you must?

The league is over and it's knockout now.

I know it's your game but you're kind of weighting it to you as you pretty much stuffed everyone in the regular season

e.g. If we draw 1-1 in post season and I have 215 points total over 2 games to your 205 but you go through because you beat me twice in the regular season it's not exactly fair

Giving every thing thought and having a delay in kin to a VAR check. I’ve decided to leave the post season as planned and will make potential changes after this season.

Therefore the top 4 will battle it out in a H2H over the next 3 weeks. With the first 2 weeks acting as a home and away situation that will be based on H2H from the regular season, if 1-1 it then will go to post season H2H if still 1-1 it will go to the points scored in these 2 weeks and not the main table.

James, why are you making this ridiculously difficult? Have 6 teams and a straight knockout as the actual play-offs are, (you and Bear get bye's this week). You don't have to think too hard about it and it's pretty bloody simple.

Yeah there's a case for overthinking it. Just go with what's simple (straight 4 player or 6 player knockout).

I’d hardly say I’m making it difficult at all, I like the ideas pitched but it doesn’t seem fair and right to change the format at the end of the season. It would be like 3 teams fighting out for 6th championship to be told the day okay 7th & 8th place you qualify after all for the play offs.

The only change I’d make is with Darlo suggesting most amount of points wins if the H2H for the semi’s were 1-1.

Next season I’ll happily change the format with plenty of discussion

Yep which is annoying as Carrot is in the post-season (Sacko) and he was online talking about the Wolves game earlier.

Post-season Semi-Final week 1
James v Darlo 172.30 - 145.02
The Bear v Pompey 84.70 - 127.32

Semi-Final week 2
James 1-0 Darlo (14-3 v 8-9 overall)
The Bear 0-1 Pompey (11-6 v 9-8 overall)

The Bear’s Superbowl
James 300.28
Punts 245.36

Last edited:
POST-SEASON WK1

SUPERBOWL

Punts 133.02
James 127.98

With Metal missing this it seems unfair to carry on even if he makes the final three weeks. He'll be over 120 points down and it'd be unlikely to make that back up any way. So I've made the decision to promote Punts to the Superbowl. Sorry Metal if you're reading this, but I needed to do something to keep it as fair and competitive as possible.

SACKOBOWL

Pompey 104.62
Carrot 94.82

(remember, lowest score takes the unwanted title)

POST-SEASON WK2

SUPERBOWL

Punts 245.36
James 300.20

SACKOBOWL

Pompey 231.94
Carrot 94.82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back