• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nottingham Forest (A) 16/9/17: Build-Up Thread

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Douglas back in if fit? Saiss in for Big Alf, or in at the back on the left side of the three? Cav to keep his place?

Forest look a bit better this season.

----------------------Smith-----------------

Darikwa------Worrall-----Mills------Traore

-----------Bridcutt----Bouchalakis----------

----Brereton-----Dowell--------Osborn------

--------------------Murphy---------------------

McKay and Clough are handy bench options too and sadly for us Mancienne isn't playing at the moment.

2016/17: W 1-0 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2015/16: D 1-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2014/15: L 0-3 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2012/13: L 1-2 (H), L 1-3 (A)
2008/9: W 5-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2004/5: W 2-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2002/3: W 2-1 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2001/2: W 1-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2000/1: W 2-0 (H), D 0-0 (A), W 1-0 (A, FAC)
1999/0: W 3-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
1997/8: W 2-1 (H), L 0-3 (A)
1994/5: L 2-3 (H, LC)
1993/4: D 1-1 (H), D 0-0 (A)

If Douglas is fit I would put him back in. Vinagre has played very well but hopefully we don't burn him out really quickly. the bonus of having both of them is we should be able to keep both of them sharp and playing well throughout the season.

Cav should start again. And I would bring Saiss back in for N'Diaye.

Cav should have a field day against old Armband Traore if he plays like he did on Tuesday.

I only got to watch a bit of him before he was subbed off, but he looked great. Just shows that the level of competition we have (such as the good performances Bright has been putting on) will spur each other on to perform! Cav is such an asset.

I'd go as far to say that was his best ever game at Molineux (and on the wrong side as well).

I'd still love to see us play a front FOUR at home of Jota-Cav-Costa behind Leo but it won't happen.

Cav has to stay in after that performance, I would also bring Douglas back in just for his delivery. The N'Diaye situation is interesting, as a pairing I think that's our best 2 (Neves-N'Diaye) but Saiss has been in very good form. Either way its nice to have 3 challenging for the spot I think we got more mobility from N'diaye than we do from Saiss who I think would better replace Neves come the time he is injured or needs a rest.

Or we could just go for it with something like this....

---------------Ruddy-------------
---Miranda---Coady---Saiss-----
Doc-----------------------Douglas
---------N'Diaye---Neves---------
---------------Leo-----------------
-------Cav---------Jota-----------

In reality it could well be the same side that started against Brizzle and it would be harsh to drop Batth after playing well and scoring a goal.

I just cant wait to watch more of the football we have been playing it has been so good on so many levels.

Lots of talent in that Forest side when going forward but not so much when going backwards. If Wolves can get after them its a profitable afternoon.

McKay is first choice for them IMO. Murphy has been on the bench though strangely in the last couple of games.

The STH I know says they are good going forward but concede far too many chances still. Mainly down to Warburton changing the entire defence and trying to get them to play out from the back.

I'd hope we give them plenty of problems and keep it a bit tighter than against Bristol. Douglas definitely comes back in if fit. Costa hopefully on the bench, and Cav and Jota to start behind Leo. I don't mind if either Alf or Saiss plays. Equally I don't mind if Saiss moves to the LCB for Miranda. We have plenty of good options at the minute.

I was going to go to this but not now. The away end sold out and the STH I know already has a full car so can't go with him. Annoying as I always like Forest away.

McKay is first choice for them IMO. Murphy has been on the bench though strangely in the last couple of games.

Eh? That's literally their team from the last game they played, two days ago.

Oh yeah I forgot the midweek one! I watched a bit of them at the weekend and McKay was probably their best player.

I know Forest fans are pretty impressed with him so far but McKay isn't a good player really. Nothing special at all.

I assume the tick next to the answer when you click it means you got it right? If so I got them all and "smashed it" but I did have to have some educated guesses

I assume the tick next to the answer when you click it means you got it right? If so I got them all and "smashed it" but I did have to have some educated guesses

Nope. The tick appears on the one you have highlighted

Another for the "Smashed it" crew here

Same as Tuesday but Saiss in for Neves for me.
Like the Hull to Cardiff match you could see Neves looking tired on tuesday.

Two changes for me, Douglas for Vinagre and Saiss for N'Diaye.

Two changes for me, Douglas for Vinagre and Saiss for N'Diaye.

That's what I'd go with but wouldn't be too fussed if Vinagre got the game as he was very good Tuesday.

Last edited:
Smashed it too. Pure punt on the distance between them and County though.

Saiss in for Neves, Bright in for Cav, Douglas in for Vinagre.

Back