• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nuno to leave Wolves

Palace would be a dream for him. A transfer window like our first one under Fosun and the potential to get a piece of the Zaha deal as well

It's difficult isn't it, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Mendes would rather have his finger in Everton's pie than Palace's.
Is probably closer to the truth! Allegedly. I am convinced and have been since day one that Fosun and JS have a real reliance on Mendes that is mutually beneficial to them , not us. As long as it brings the results , success and profit to both parties then that will be great for all sides and we can just come along for the ride. Now, that may be unpalatable to some on here, but it is close to the reality. As a Wolves fan this last few years under Fosun has been better than anything this century so I am very que sera sera with the whole set up IF it continues to bring young exciting talent to the club and delivers a decent standard of football. Last season did not pass muster on the latter so changes have been made. Some of the mainstays of that under performing team may now be moved on. They may well have been moved on anyway. If they stayed would it have been any different under Lage? Who knows. Fosun have taken the decision , appointed a coach who is closer to their attacking principles and are prepared to sanction some selling in order to back the new man here. Watch this space for how it turns out as it could go either way.

With Palace I just could not see the fit at all. With Everton their squad is better than the position it gives . With Nuno's cautious approach I could see them winning and drawing more next season without breaking the bank. Whether that would give him long term longevity at the club would remain to be seen.

Because Nuno's back-up team were not seemingly included in the original decision to leave, it made me think that Nuno had quit, but gave them the chance not to follow him if Wolves wanted to keep them.

If Nuno had been sacked, then I feel his whole entourage would have been included from the start and the question of them staying would not have been raised.

Obviously it's a matter for speculation and is now moot.

If Nuno had been sacked, then I feel his whole entourage would have been included from the start
They were though. Once the decision to say goodbye to Nuno was made his whole team went as well.

They offered to stay but all that does is point to some fairly open and honest chats between Jeff, Nuno and the rest of the team rather than outright sacking.

I think Palace are quite keen to keep Hodgson's backroom staff too (most of whom have worked at the club for years).

Are there many managers who take a goalkeeping coach, physio etc with them? I can't think of any who have done it here. I've only ever known the manager/assistant leave in a sacking.

How much does Nuno's team cost! If Everton are being cautious on the costs it must be ridiculous. Maybe we have now avoided FFP issues by removing their wages...
£10m a year for all including the man himself

I think Nuno was £6m, so it's the other 4 + redudancies of those already there which seems to be putting people off

Eddie Howe who was still playing Francis and Steve Cook after 5 years in The Premier League because his signings were shite let loose to waste Everton's cash.

I'm front row for a bit of that :ROFLMAO:

I love what Nuno did for the club but I do think comparisons with previous managers was a little unfair based on the resources made available to him and his extensive back room team. I don't think previous managers were given this level of backing. Mick just had clipboard....

I love what Nuno did for the club but I do think comparisons with previous managers was a little unfair based on the resources made available to him and his extensive back room team. I don't think previous managers were given this level of backing. Mick just had clipboard....

I remember Paul Lambert saying he'd have done just as good with the backing Nuno has had... he was a bit delusional though.

Regardless of whether Lage turns out to be the right choice or not, at least the club have acted swiftly and got someone in - and it's not Howe or Lampard (or Postecoglou).

The number of people getting suckered in by this, on FB alone, is glorious...

BS.jpg

Not on there now. Jeff must have given him a bollocking call and told him to take it off... 🤣

Edit: Timmy says it's a fake account that put that out.

Back