• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nuno to leave Wolves

Or Palace are leaking stuff to make them look like the good guys. There's always a story behind the story.

I read it as Nuno will only take the job on his terms, he wants his trusted back room staff and I guess assurances on transfers....if Palace can't give him those then I don't blame him for walking away

I read it as Nuno will only take the job on his terms, he wants his trusted back room staff and I guess assurances on transfers....if Palace can't give him those then I don't blame him for walking away
Next stop, Everton or Spurs ?

They walked away because they couldn’t accept the substantial bill that is Nunos staff. More fool them. I’m glad though as I am not personally ready to see Nuno in the away dugout at Molineux.

Spurs no chance. Everton maybe but I think it would be awful there for him. Their fanbase is staggeringly unrealistic. Think they should be level with their neighbours.
No chance of either i think

Everton fans class success as beating Liverpool once a season - Nuno could do that.

Somehow I can't imagine Nuno in his dugout discussing tactics with Ray Lewington. Everton is ok, Ferguson can replace Cathro as the random Scotsman

Raymondo has gone as well.

Think he and Roy are finished now, they're properly old.

Who is there? I know Freedman is meant to be some kind of DoF there

It sounds like Nuno was dicking Crystal Palace around, having no desire to take the job at all.
His large backroom staff, brilliant as they are will be the stumbling block for Nuno to get jobs. I'm sure he'll get to realise this, and also realise he was really lucky Fosun would fund all of it to bring him in.

Or more like Jorge Mendes was dicking Palace around...

It doesn't make sense they had 3 days of zoom chats, 1 day with Dougie Freedman in Lisbon and then suddenly "oh yeah and I will want my full coaching and sports science team with me and they will cost A LOT". What the fuck were they chatting about for nearly 4 days

The comment that the whole team would piss off if Nuno did doesn't ring fully true either as they all offered to stay when Nuno was mutually consented and we said no thanks. So that would indicate if they sacked Nuno they would stay and also, if Nuno was offered another job along with his team they would get a shit load of compensation

I think there needs to be a pinch of salt, but this is quite a good article over on The Athletic:

It sounds like the goalposts were shifted constantly and Palace pulled the plug. As much as I love Nuno, after this season his stock isn't as high as it was this time last year: I don't think clubs are going to bend to his (or Mendes') will to appoint him.

I think he'll get eaten alive at Everton. He would have been much better suited to Palace where he could build his own team with little pressure on. There's a big difference between a team who are happy to stay up and another who want to finish in the top six.

I read The Athletic piece. If I were Palace it's what I'd want to put out there as well. Lot's of reasons why he'd be the wrong appointment, whilst ignoring if that's the case then why chase him for 3 weeks? Also uses the line about only finished a place above as did The Mail, telling you that's one which the club is planting

I read The Athletic piece. If I were Palace it's what I'd want to put out there as well
Its very much a Palace piece to try and calm down fans as they are now back to square 1 in a recruitment process they have been in for months (no way they didn't know Roy wouldn't be in charge before it was official).

It doesn't make sense they had 3 days of zoom chats, 1 day with Dougie Freedman in Lisbon and then suddenly "oh yeah and I will want my full coaching and sports science team with me and they will cost A LOT". What the fuck were they chatting about for nearly 4 days

The comment that the whole team would piss off if Nuno did doesn't ring fully true either as they all offered to stay when Nuno was mutually consented and we said no thanks. So that would indicate if they sacked Nuno they would stay and also, if Nuno was offered another job along with his team they would get a shit load of compensation
Its almost as if all the talk on here and in the media is speculation.

It's difficult isn't it, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Mendes would rather have his finger in Everton's pie than Palace's.

Back