• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil Confirmed

On a hiding to nothing but obviously wish the guy all the best. There is some proper shite in this division so fingers crossed

Fuck you Gary, I hope you lose every game 8-0.

Seriously though, good luck. You are going to need to get us playing like Wenger's invincibles to win the fans over.

Probably the most underwhelming managerial appointment since, well, the one previous to Lopetegui. I hope he works out and that our doubts are proven wrong. But to call me skeptical is as big an understatement as someone saying Hiroshima was a bit of an explosion.

Is Guedes still in the country? Could be an emotional return back into the fold just to cheer us up a bit more.

“HIT HIM GARY!!!” Once screeched with regularity outside clubs in the early 90s at kicking out. Thought to have been extinct, now one surviving male has been discovered in Wolverhampton, desperately looking for a mate… good fckin luck with that.

He might be an underwhelming pick, but he's our underwhelming pick.

Enormous job for O'Neil. We'll see where we are in a few months. Hopefully whatever toxicity there is at Molineux is directed higher up than Gary and the players.

I don't think Guedes disliked Lop so much, he just dislikes football.

“HIT HIM GARY!!!” Once screeched with regularity outside clubs in the early 90s at kicking out. Thought to have been extinct, now one surviving male has been discovered in Wolverhampton, desperately looking for a mate… good fckin luck with that.
Absolutely no idea what that means.

Gary had a dream
To coach a football team
With fed up owners and a group of unhappy fans
FFP in hand
Liquidator banned
We're Wolverhampton
The football is bland

O'Neil did well last year whatever anybody thinks.

Lop turned out to be a moaning minnie who ignores the fact that the summer budget was spent in January and he had the benefit of the players bought and the acolades for keeping us up. So **** him
and I wish Gary all the best

We knew hardly anything about Nuno but that worked out OK. I don't know GON so I'm not going to say anything bad about him until I seen a few games. You never know he might surprise us.

I don't think Guedes disliked Lop so much, he just dislikes football.
That's handy as I dislike watching him play football. He's just dreadful, there's no mystery at play.

The available evidence suggests this is a bad appointment that hasn't been thought through properly and he'll be an easy fall guy if we start badly. Of course I hope he's better than I expect he is but it seems a fairly forlorn hope. I mean if we signed Martyn Waghorn you wouldn't say "he might get 20 goals, you never know".

Gary had a dream
To coach a football team
With fed up owners and a group of unhappy fans
FFP in hand
Liquidator banned
We're Wolverhampton
The football is bland
It started badly, it tailed off a little in the middle and the less said about the end the better — but apart from that........

We knew hardly anything about Nuno but that worked out OK. I don't know GON so I'm not going to say anything bad about him until I seen a few games. You never know he might surprise us.
He also may have grown as a manager given his experience last season.

Back