• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

Lycan

Proud Resident of Coventry
Reaction score
About time someone started this.

He's out of his depth. We made a mistake by hiring him, correct it before it costs us our Premier League status. I'm not expecting anyone amazing to take over but at the the moment every training session he takes charge of increases our chances of being relegated.

Never a fan of hating on the managers and GO seems a decent bloke but he needs to be part of a coaching team or learning his trade down the leagues.
He isn't a Premier League manager. He might be one day but all he will achieve here is removing us as a PL team.

Hobbs got it wrong. Obviously had a shitty budget but still got it wrong.

The only way it changes this side of November though is if Jeff decides he is back in charge of the footballing side of things again.

Never a fan of hating on the managers and GO seems a decent bloke but he needs to be part of a coaching team or learning his trade down the leagues.
He isn't a Premier League manager. He might be one day but all he will achieve here is removing us as a PL team.

Hobbs got it wrong. Obviously had a shitty budget but still got it wrong.

The only way it changes this side of November though is if Jeff decides he is back in charge of the footballing side of things again.
Only thing I disagree with is that he won't ever be a Premier League manager.

It's just pathetic. Totally clueless tactics, starting Neto on the right is just madness.

I'd like to say he's a nice guy, but I'm not sure he is. He needs to just go, I'm sure we'll give him a decent pay off - take it and fuck off.

On the one hand, I feel it’s almost hilariously too soon for this sort of talk.

On the other, GO is giving me nothing to latch on to and the criminal underperforming has continued basically unchecked.

Sigh.

I like him when I hear him, I think he's respectful to other sides, and I really want him to prove me wrong and be a success here.

But that's not going to happen.

I wish him well but we're prolonging the inevitable.

He's not up to the job.

On the other, GO is giving me nothing to latch on to and the criminal underperforming has continued basically unchecked.
That's a good summary.

I am genuinely fearful of whom we may replace him with though, but as most of you realise, that's my nature.

It's not too soon.

We have City next which to be fair no theoretical Wolves manager is very likely to win. You might expect that one might win at least one of the games vs Villa, Bournemouth and Newcastle.

I expect Gary O'Neil to win none of them.

Why throw fixtures away? It makes no sense.

Forget the penalty and the red card. We had NO shots today vs Luton in an entire half of football, because of his wank tactics.

He’s utterly clueless and has no business in being a Premier League manager.

It was a mistake to employ him. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I’ve already seen more than enough.

Leave him in charge and he’s taking us down. Unfortunately Hobbs, Shi & co will be too proud to admit their mistake, so we’re stuck with him until January (minimum). The difference this season is there will be no manager of Lop’s standard to come in and save us.

It's not too soon.

We have City next which to be fair no theoretical Wolves manager is very likely to win. You might expect that one might win at least one of the games vs Villa, Bournemouth and Newcastle.

I expect Gary O'Neil to win none of them.

Why throw fixtures away? It makes no sense.

Forget the penalty and the red card. We had NO shots today vs Luton in an entire half of football, because of his wank tactics.
Six games is a brutally short amount of time, that's all. I've been clear that I have nothing other than sample size to "defend" him with (and that's not really a defense, is it).

He’s utterly clueless and has no interest in being a Premier League manager.

It was a mistake to employ him. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I’ve already seen more than enough.

Leave him in charge and he’s taking us down. Unfortunately Hobbs, Shi & co will be too proud to admit their mistake, so we’re stuck with him until January (minimum). The difference this season is there will be no manager of Lop’s standard to come in and save us.
He won't last that long.

If we lose the next two (likely, although I think a proper manager could beat Villa) that leaves us at W1 D1 L6. Totally unsustainable. No way he gets much of a run after that.

We had 12 points after 10 games under Lage, that is currently going to be well in the distance under O Neil.

Six games is a brutally short amount of time, that's all. I've been clear that I have nothing other than sample size to defend him with.
Sorry but no.

If you played me two Starsailor tracks I would say "this band are awful and the fat headed singer has a terrible voice, turn it off FFS". I would not say "well let's hear the full album".

I am genuinely fearful of whom we may replace him with though, but as most of you realise, that's my nature.
Well this is a different argument.

We've basically got ourselves into a right pickle of our own making.

Which is pretty much what we've done since binning our best manager in my lifetime, and have been nosediving since.

Sorry but no.

If you played me two Starsailor tracks I would say "this band are awful and the fat headed singer has a terrible voice, turn it off FFS". I would not say "well let's hear the full album".

This may mean you defriend me for life but I heard the track 'Silence is Easy' the other day and thought 'this is a fucking tune'.

Didn't click who it was and I felt dirty afterwards.

That was the O'Neil performance v Man Utd.

Back