• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

Well this is the core of why I'm of a different opinion, really. Six matches doesn't feel like enough time for getting a "decent idea". That's just where I'm at with it and tbf I appreciate that I won't be convincing others.

Sacking GO now would feel icky as hell, but again, it's very telling that I can't find any other arguments to keep him than "I don't want to feel icky".
We've got worse every match and the pinnacle is drawing with Luton Town in the PL.

Soton waited too long to get rid of their God bothering prick and it got them relegated. I've seen enough of his cluelessness to know we should cut them all now and get competent people in.

This never makes any sense though.

"Max Kilman is fucking wank and can't run, turn or jump, and stands miles off opponents"

"We signed Rob Hindmarch once you know"

We are a Premier League club, don't employ terrible players and managers.
Well we effectively replaced Romain Saiss with Kilman, so...

When we employ Steve Bruce, I'll be back to tell you I told you so 😉

Great.

I'd absolutely love someone like Sérgio Conceição to take over. He's a whining, moaning, disrespectful, vicious little cunt of a man but he's also a winner. He'd have a squad like ours fighting for European football.

Guardiola wouldn't have this lot fighting for European football. He'd probably get them near midtable though.

Let's be honest we had a European level coach, arguably one better than Nuno, and swapped him for a complete novice. The dive in quality from Lopetegui to O'Neil is worse than Nuno to Lage.

We played well away to Man United but it would be silly to cling to that in the same way it was clinging to our first few performances under Lage. We are consistently poor and the tactics are rubbish, his in-game changes (when he does make them) are shocking.

O'Neil has shown himself to be not up for the job and we are not in a position where we can wait on him to 'develop'; if it goes wrong we go down. He is not good enough so we might as well get it over with and bin him - Bournemouth already did so as they had some ambition. This is the same guy who wasn't good enough for Sheffield Wednesday and they are rock bottom of the Championship.

Also I'm not saying don't sack him, I'm saying if we do I'm in no way convinced that who we take on will be an improvement, as we've been here before a few times.

Well this is the core of why I'm of a different opinion, really. Six matches doesn't feel like enough time for getting a "decent idea". That's just where I'm at with it and tbf I appreciate that I won't be convincing others.

Sacking GO now would feel icky as hell, but again, it's very telling that I can't find any other arguments to keep him than "I don't want to feel icky".

Is he going to change your mind if we lose against City and Villa?

Because that's 8 games, doesn't feel massively different to 6 if you ask me.

Where's the threshold?

Is he going to change your mind if we lose against City and Villa?

Because that's 8 games, doesn't feel massively different to 6 if you ask me.

Where's the threshold?
Longer than the pro/rel structure feasibly allows for, probably.

Also I'm not saying don't sack him, I'm saying if we do I'm in no way convinced that who we take on will be an improvement, as we've been here before a few times.

And that isn't an argument. Or we'd still have Danny Batth. Or Joe Mason. Or Matt Doherty at left...oh, hang on.

Decent sort but totally out of his depth, has a permanent startled rabbit in the headlights look.
Haven’t seen any post match comments from him yet but expect it to be full of new age Coach David Brent style bolloocks.

It’s ludicrous that for two years in a row we’ve got ourselves into a position where we’ve started the season with everyone (apart from those in charge) knowing the manager will be sacked before Christmas.

We’re shite and we’ve actively chosen to be at this level.

I think we'll have to have a proper run of disaster results for them to get shot. Look how long they took to get rid of Bruno?

They would look like cunts to U-turn on him now.

He should never have been given the job in the first place; wishful thinking and being 'fair' aside, that was obvious to anyone at the time

It’s ludicrous that for two years in a row we’ve got ourselves into a position where we’ve started the season with everyone (apart from those in charge) knowing the manager will be sacked before Christmas.

We’re shite and we’ve actively chosen to be at this level.
He was the cheapest option open to us. I'd actually like to hear him explain his thinking today.

I think we'll have to have a proper run of disaster results for them to get shot. Look how long they took to get rid of Bruno?

They would look like cunts to U-turn on him now.

He should never have been given the job in the first place; wishful thinking and being 'fair' aside, that was obvious to anyone at the time

If we lose the next two it's our worst first 8 PL games ever I think?

I would say running at 0.5 PPG is a disaster run.

He was the cheapest option open to us. I'd actually like to hear him explain his thinking today.
I'm not sure it's just that, we could have got similar priced but better.

Hobbs had a thing for young, upcoming and british. He's reaping the consequences of that now.

Yep think it would eclipse the 03/04 start where we were on 5 points at 8 games in

Back