• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

1/ Gon must go.

2/ Lop would not have done much better, he took a look at the squad and said "I am not risking my reputation on this shower. I'm out of here."

3/ The squad may look good on paper but for the last few seasons there has been no rhyme or reason for the signings. You need players that can play to a system and compliment each other not the best 11but the 11 that form the best team!

1/ Gon must go.

2/ Lop would not have done much better, he took a look at the squad and said "I am not risking my reputation on this shower. I'm out of here."

3/ The squad may look good on paper but for the last few seasons there has been no rhyme or reason for the signings. You need players that can play to a system and compliment each other not the best 11but the 11 that form the best team!
Agree with 1/
Disagree with 2/ maybe wouldn't have got this squad challenging for Europe but would definitely had us comfy mid table.
Agree with 3/ I think🤔

Could we realistically get Marcelino now he's out of work?

He looks a bit like a Spanish Lage, but I'm willing to give him a chance.

Go after the dude from Fluminense. His tactics are nuts and would at least be fascinating to watch.

Anyone hear Judah & Keens podcast? Apparently. Keen said that if he had a grand he'd put it on O'Neil being here the start of next season.

Make of that what you will.
Just listened, he did, but not in a supportive way

Presumed not. More that the owners aren't bothered? I don't listen to it it was posted on twitter.
Couple of things, he's Hobbs' man and he's completely invested in him and he doesn't think we'll go down. If we did could see them staying with him as he'd be attractive at that level. Also said a Jeff could well come over the top and bin in.

All bollocks really and certainly not based on knowledge, just answering a hypothetical question

Couple of things, he's Hobbs' man and he's completely invested in him and he doesn't think we'll go down. If we did could see them staying with him as he'd be attractive at that level

All bollocks really and certainly not based on knowledge, just answering a hypothetical question
Ignoring a couple of things in his hypothetical answer

1) Jeff
2) Jeff

There’s an often used cliche with regards to football coaches, “he’s lost the dressing room”, I think after he’s been fucked off everyone will find he never had it.
They don't appear to be not trying though.

Although the Sarabia gesticulations were interesting, not that he has any right to criticise anyone the way he has played so far this season.

Neto’s found some form but that was always going to happen, haven’t seen much evidence elsewhere.

Perhaps they individually aren't good enough without a good coach? I don't subscribe to O'Neil having lost the dressing room yet...he's totally inadequate to get the best out of it though. I do generally speaking think people overvalue the quality of the players on here. Over the last couple of years Sa, Kilman, Dawson, Bueno, Gomes, Toti, Lemina, Sarabia, Costa and Silva have all been made out by various different posters to be better than they are. We are a bottom 8 squad with a bottom 2 manager, that's not going to end well

Last edited:
Neto’s found some form but that was always going to happen, haven’t seen much evidence elsewhere.
Hwang is in the best form of his Wolves career too. But yes, that's about it

But I don't think players aren't trying? That's when a manager looks like he's lost the players.

They’re not not trying but they certainly are confused and frustrated with each other three times a minute.

They’re not not trying but they certainly are confused and frustrated with each other three times a minute.
We are continually working on the shit teams being shitter, but even though we're going to be smashed this weekend the absolute best you'd expect of the bottom 3 is Luton to get a draw

To that point, even with O’Neil it’s hard for me to see us actually going down.

In a “not shit enough” way rather than a “too good” way.

I don't think it's that linear, if a less talented Burnley play for Kompany versus a more talented Wolves not having O'Neil then I know who'd I predict to stay up. As I said I don't think we are there yet, but a more talented squad who aren't having their manager counts for little. See Lage at the end of the season before last for details

Back