• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

People don't care that much on the whole. Lage always talked incomprehensible babble but it never got widely scrutinised when we were robbing points (nor did the performances particularly, even though they were mostly rank and we were getting away with a hell of a lot).

We're the outliers as far as fans go in terms of rigorously going through everything. For a lot it really is as simple as win = everything is fine, lose = everything is shit.
Sure, but equally even a cohort here (I think you count yourself amongst them) didn't drool over Nuno's PR. Not saying you necessarily should have done, to be clear.

I can't explain Lage at all; people are just fucking weird I guess. 😅

Lineker & co bigging up O'Neil in their podcast apparently.

We all assume that Neto will be one and the policy is okay if the other is Hwang, Dawson and at a push Kilman [because of the fee he would potentially attract]. If the 'other' is one of Gomes, Cunha, Lemina or RAN we have serious issues. Sarabia, Semedo, Toti, Hugo Bueno, Santi Bueno and Sa would all need fees far greater than I expect we would receive to make them viable as well.
In my view the money for the 'other' player sold with Neto needs to come from Bellegarde, Silva, Podence, Guedes and Doc. With Sasa on the list as well pre injury.

Surely it will be Neto, then one of Hwang or RAN, can't see any of the other players generating enough funds.
If we sell Neto and Hwang we'll need to sign 3 forward players (we're already running with 1 short imo) unless one of the youngsters steps up.

Surely it is easier to say that we are looking to keep all key players at the club. We know however that if one of Europe's elite clubs comes in with an offer for a player that meets our expectations then we would have to consider these things carefully. We would have to judge the detrimental effect this will have on the team along with how those funds be can be spent in trying to improve the squad.

Surely it is easier to say that we are looking to keep all key players at the club. We know however that if one of Europe's elite clubs comes in with an offer for a player that meets our expectations then we would have to consider these things carefully. We would have to judge the detrimental effect this will have on the team along with how those funds be can be spent in trying to improve the squad.
Not if you are really looking to sell them

If we HAD to sell Neto plus one other it'd be Hwang who I'd choose. Not sure we'd get that many interested though or a sizeable fee.

Don’t really think it makes any difference. It’s no big secret clubs need to sell players. It’s no big secret good players want to leave mid table clubs for CL clubs.

Saying “they aren’t for sale” when everyone knows they are doesn’t achieve anything. Same as saying “they are available for the right price” doesn’t suddenly mean you get mugged off

Semedo might go. Probably the last window we can get a fee for him as we'll be unlikely to offer him a new deal unfortunately.

Every player is for sale at the right price - that motto never changes - provided of course that the player wishes to move .

On Neto - his injury record might tell against him yet . Why would you splurge big money on a player who tends to miss a fair chunk of a season more than once ?

On Hwang......lets not forget his form pre the Asian Cup . No one was giving out then . His final match in 2023 - at home via Everton , he was really good and deserved a goal . His injury at the Asian Cup has messed him up . He's a finisher , and God knows we need one of those . It's not as if we're in the market to buy a player for 40 million plus to replace him . We're not , and finding a player for 15 m that can finish on a regular basis and score 15 goals / season is next to impossible .
Unless we're offered silly money of course and he chooses to leave.....

Semedo might go. Probably the last window we can get a fee for him as we'll be unlikely to offer him a new deal unfortunately.
Why not ? He's been a revelation this season , a contender for Player of the Season .

I'm a firm believe in ' better the devil you know ' theory ' .

Back