• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Oscar Pistorius

It would appear so. The appeal Judges have passed the case back to her, told her she got it wrong and to sentence him for the Murder Charge. The High Court in South Africa is however closed and re-opens in January, hence the delay.

Thank you. But I would have thought that because she had made a rather serious error in the original case that another judge would have passes the sentence.

She applied the facts wrong and the higher court has corrected it. However, now he has the correct conviction she should be competent to apply the correct sentence for that crime.

Saying that, if she is on tea break until January I would have thought bringing Oscar in from house arrest and getting Justice Leach to pass sentence would have been the simplest thing.

Worst thing is, it sounds like the original judge will now have to re-hear mitigation arguments. Ridiculous waste of court time.

Thank you Paddy. So how long is it likely to be before he is finally sentenced?

January will see a bit of mitigation arguments. And a few tea breaks. Probably be a day of court for the bloody arguments and then she will go and think about it. Absolutely nonsensical. The minimum is 15 years, although there is discretion. Stick him in the can while she ponders it.

Reports an arrest warrant has been issued for Oscy P but won't be acted on until next week.

More fun and games to drag this saga on for a few more months.

In court this morning, where his defence team announced he would be appealing the murder charge handed down last week. Looks like they are going down the route of unable to have a fair trial due to blanket coverage of the case via TV and Social Media which may have led the witnesses to change their stories based on what they had been watching and reading (some witnesses even spoke of what they had seen during questioning)

Court will announce on the 18th April (they love a good delay in SA) if he can appeal. If he can't, he will then wait for the High Court to give a date for sentencing. In the meantime, released on Bail (has to pay £457 by Friday), allowed out of his Uncles home between 7am and 12pm but only allowed to travel upto 20km. Passport surrendered.

More fun and games to drag this saga on for a few more months.

In court this morning, where his defence team announced he would be appealing the murder charge handed down last week. Looks like they are going down the route of unable to have a fair trial due to blanket coverage of the case via TV and Social Media which may have led the witnesses to change their stories based on what they had been watching and reading (some witnesses even spoke of what they had seen during questioning)

Court will announce on the 18th April (they love a good delay in SA) if he can appeal. If he can't, he will then wait for the High Court to give a date for sentencing. In the meantime, released on Bail (has to pay £457 by Friday), allowed out of his Uncles home between 7am and 12pm but only allowed to travel upto 20km. Passport surrendered.

Maybe at some point in my lifetime a decision will be reached. What I do not understand is why he is allowed bail having been found guilty of murder.

Judge has said Oscar will get less than 15 years.

Might be another 4 hours before she announces how long as she waffles on and has 18 tea breaks

Oscar P gets 6 years.

Get ready for an appeal from the Prosecutors as they said anything under 8 will not be accepted and appealed......the circus contains.

1 years 1 month already served of this.

It was a waste of time and money going through all that again. He has ended up with near enough the same sentence as before.

They need to bin her and her sympathetic fucking tea breaks off.

Makes no sense to use the same judge. She was always going to hand over a sentence that matched her initial verdict. Once the original decision was found to be wrong, a new judge should have been put in place.

When it is appealed (again) she will be told to fuck off I think. He should be getting 12 minimum for me.

Back