• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Parliament Thread

It's way worse in the new stand and you both know it.

It's way worse in the new stand and you both know it.

I have sat in the Upper Steve Bull and got soaked before. Even got the rain from my old seat half way up the South Bank. I would be concerned if I got wet in my current seat though

Leaky roof, was it?

Nope.

In the Steve Bull it was a game v Plymuff and there was a bit of a freak storm at the start of the second half, wind blew the advertising boards onto the pitch and from my seat (half way up the stand) I had rain blown over me for about 10 minutes. Great day

The soaking game the monsoon was blowing into the stand horizontally. I got wet two rows from the back of the upper tier.

Hopefully half this meeting isn't spent moaning about this item. Waste of bloody time as nothing can improve without the Steve Bull going up, which is off the agenda.

If you're short of things to talk about, you could always ask if it's possible for the club to trial an electronic version of the fucking programme.
Brilliant for all those like me who can't get to the game to buy one.

Possibly link it into Wolves World which I already subscribe to.

Unfortunately, the work situation means I will not be able to attend tomorrow. However, I have raised Roy's point about an e-programme and this has been pretty well-received by other parliament members, so I am hopeful it may get raised. Really sorry I can't be there, but I have to put mine and Kenny's customers first and we are absolutely buried at the moment.

Could you please ask anyone who you know is going, why the club are discouraging the casual fan by not have pay on the door turnstiles? Rightly or wrongly people are put off by having to go to the ticket office and just want the option of handing their £20 over at the turnstile. Please ask Jez to sacrifice his database in return for higher attendances and a better atmosphere

Unfortunately, the work situation means I will not be able to attend tomorrow. However, I have raised Roy's point about an e-programme and this has been pretty well-received by other parliament members, so I am hopeful it may get raised. Really sorry I can't be there, but I have to put mine and Kenny's customers first and we are absolutely buried at the moment.

The members of Molineux Way will be extremely disappointed

Understand your predicament there Paddy...

But from whom could we expect to hear or read such an in depth report of what went on?
Yours is usually exceptional.

Where do we go from here?

Parliament meeting tonight. Only found out at short notice but I got there minutes will follow ASAP. Kevin Thelwell was in attendance and gave a very interesting presentation that I will try and give as much detail about as my scribbled notes will allow.

Parliament meeting tonight. Only found out at short notice but I got there minutes will follow ASAP. Kevin Thelwell was in attendance and gave a very interesting presentation that I will try and give as much detail about as my scribbled notes will allow.

Thanks for getting there Paddy - usually get better info from this than the standard PR stuff.

Parliament - Minutes

Kevin Thelwell opened proceedings by giving a fascinating presentation on his role and how it fits in with the ethos and plans of the club. Really good stuff that I will try and summarise.

Basically both Thelwell and Kenny Jackett report directly to Jez. They are shoulder to shoulder within the club organisation. KJ has responsibility for the first team, for results and for achieving the overall objectives of the club from that perspective. KT has responsibility for ensuring that the Academy, Medical services, talent ID and recruitment, coaching, and performance analysis are all working at the highest possible level to give that extra 1 or 2 per cent to the first team that can make all the difference for Kenny Jackett in achieving his objectives.

KJ and KT meet at least 3 times each day. On top of that, the two of them sit down with Jez usually every two days. From a communication point of view, it is a very inclusive set-up.

Objectives - these are the objectives of the club
1) Premier League football, and being successful at that level
2) Promotion back to the Championship this season.
3) Employing players that are young and hungry but also epitomise the core values of the club
4) Build a team that strives for success
5) Commitment to home-grown players. KT cited Jack Price as a good example of this.
6) All Wolves teams, at every age group to play in a defined style and approach in keeping with the "Wolves way".

Formations and style of play. 4-4-1-1, 4-2-3-1 are all versions of 4-3-3 with minor adjustments to the tactics board. We are wholly committed to 4-3-3 and everyone at the club believes this is the right formation for the club to be successful. This is a difficult thing to develop across all age groups but it is a hard fight worth fighting and those of import within the club believe it will bear fruit.

Best People - the club are looking in both playing and other staff for people that are capable of meeting the demands of the club at the highest level, and that means buying into all this ethos. The person must fit with the ethos as well as being a rather fantastic carlos kickaball.

Best Practice - this is all to do with inspiring the coaching and support services of the club

Best Provision - the aim is to have the environment where hard work, respect and discipline are drivers and features of the club approach to all things.

(I know all of this sounds like a powerpoint presentation, but I will give further comment on it when I wrap this section below)

Recruitment

Diligence on all players is carried out before KJ is involved. Things contained within the DOSSIERS - best positions for a player, general ability of the player AND social media and interaction, home life, attitude etc etc. I think we are aiming to avoid recruiting cockwombles, even if they are talented cockwombles. Fairly easy to read into that, that were this system in place under Mick there is no way we would have recruited the likes of Johnson and O'Hara (last sentence is me, not KT)

For the first team Kenny Jackett has absolute say on who we sign or do not sign. The first team is entirely his responsibility.

Teams below - KJ plays his part in that he tells KT what type he is looking to recruit, what that player needs to be able to do. KT then fulfills those needs. Kortney Hause is an example of this, and sounds like a Thelwell signing.

There is now a collective "Wolves Way". One vision for the club, is known by everyone through very clear communication and everyone singing from the same hymnsheet. Relegation was a kick in the gonads, but it has now become an opportunity to change everything for future benefit and everyone is expected to make sure that opportunity is taken advantage of.

There are succession plans in place for both KJ and KT to ensure this plan doesn't falter or go off course.

Leigh Griffiths leaving

LG was exemplary at all times he was at Wolves. However, he was always drawn back to Scotland because of his family issues, and this made it difficult for him to live and breathe the plan, and this was unlikely to change. When Celtic expressed an interest, this was clearly going to be a good solution for all parties as long as we got the value we wanted, which it seems we did.

Danny Batth signing a new deal was a big thing and everyone is very happy.

That is it with KT - as I say, a lot of it seems like the typical power point slides, but you need to speak with KT and experience the passion he has for the vision. It is impressive to say the least. I am not saying we are going to suddenly turn into Ajax or Barcelona, but the plan is very powerful and logical, and I can see it only being of huge benefit.

Other agenda items

Video Walls

(Again)

They can't be changed. In other news, Margaret Thatcher is dead. However, as of next season the video hoardings will have a change of software at the ends so there will be a 16 foot section at each end of the ground with current score, and a digital clock. This will be sponsored, but all four stands will be able to see these hoardings. A step in the right direction.

Early Bird pricing - fair bit of debate, but it seems the consensus was it is a decent deal. Please note that the summer price has NOT been announced. If you leave renewing until after April 18 then you will be paying more than this season's price of £345.

No chance of opening up 10K2MK to be outside the standard points system. The system makes staffing levels work and rewards the most loyal supporters. We should get around 8,000 tickets if we want them. Definitely more than Coventry brought are available.

That's it fuckers

Thanks for the report Paddy-the most relevant part of that is that there is now a coordinated Wolves way, which should mean that anyone coming forward from the reserves or who is brought in fits into the team which has not always been the case previously

KJ was at the start of the Swansea revival I think & no reason he cannot be a part of our resurgence as well.

Thanks Paddy. It has taken us a while but we finally seem to have a proper system in place, one point that is great is the level of communication. It's so neccessary and bodes well I think.

Would like to know what 'the wolves way' is mind!

Would like to know what 'the wolves way' is mind!

Hopefully it starts with

"We will not let the Chairman employ any old retard because his mates have told him to do so"

Back