• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Parliament Thread

Would like to know what 'the wolves way' is mind!

“Without discipline you have nothing. Football is a watered-down version of the army and in the army they make you do things you don’t want and you have to obey orders.

“The overall thinking of it is that when we go into battle - when it really matters - and you get instructions, you comply with the instructions you are given.

“You are all together as a group. And you get used to obeying instructions and respecting authority. It keeps everybody together on the same sheet.

“If you go into war and two soldiers do their own thing, they get the rest killed.

“Obviously we are not in the army but there have to be rules in place.

“They include not being late for training, not leaving your training kit on the floor, being in for treatment on time, living your life properly, not going away from here into McDonald’s. Eating like an athlete.

“I don’t think Jessica Ennis stops off at McDonald’s on the way home, I don’t think so looking at her.

“That’s discipline - to be able to say ‘No’ to things that don’t make you play very well.

“You need to respect your team-mates and respect authority. If the manager tells you to do something, do it!

“Most footballers like discipline. They like to know where the line is. And they don’t like to see other people not adhering to it.”

:icon_lol:

When you look back at it, it really is amazing that this complete buffoon was in charge of our team.

We definitely didn't have a 25 page dossier on him!

The writing was on the wall there. I think that was in his first week as well, before he'd even taken charge of a game. How to go on about three different tangents inside a minute or so of speaking, and still not actually say anything of any worth. Fucking idiot.

“I don’t think Jessica Ennis stops off at McDonald’s on the way home, I don’t think so looking at her.

Two days later, Leigh griffiths boasts about going to McDonalds :Icon_lol:

The writing was on the wall there. I think that was in his first week as well, before he'd even taken charge of a game. How to go on about three different tangents inside a minute or so of speaking, and still not actually say anything of any worth. Fucking idiot.

He actually started off ok. His first few interviews were fine, saying all the right things etc then he started to go mental (what he was trying to say was generally valid but the way he chose to say most of it made no sense., why use 1 sentence when 400 will do)

The odd idiot will always slip through the net, its keeping those idiots to a premium with correct screening. Safety nets spring to mind.

KJ obviously feels he could score the goals that could be the difference to gain promotion, the length of contract tells us slightly more.

Thanks for that Paddy.
Good bit of hard work went into going and doing that so thanks.

I take it for granted my oft requested Q regarding Electronic versions of the Match Day prog never came up?

There is a meeting tonight but there is no way I can get there unfortunately. Sorry chaps.

Next meeting has just been announced as 18 September at 6.30. Getting a look around the new training facility before it is officially opened so should be good stuff. Anything you want me to ask, bung it in here.

I have the match highlights question from earlier in the season, but anything else fire away.

Back