• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Parliament Thread

They did apologise but it is a bit shit really. I can make it though so I should be there.

What happened to the digital scoreboards which were going to replace a couple of the advertising hoardings. Newcastle do it so the "we've looked into it and is difficult card" doesn't wash

They are definitely planning to do it but not sure on timescale. Will try and pick it up with Jez in AOB.

This has probably been asked before and explained and I'm just asking this generally in here - what is the deal with the big video screens?

We can't fix them as the technology is obsolete and has been for ages. We could remove them but presumably at a fair cost and what would be the point just to leave big empty spaces in the corners?

I see. They are a bit of an eyesore though, its weird how they are just there!

I see. They are a bit of an eyesore though, its weird how they are just there!

Not sure why they didn't take the one down when the NB was removed. There should have been a new one hung of the middle of the NB roof, but it never appeared for some reason.

Not sure why they didn't take the one down when the NB was removed. There should have been a new one hung of the middle of the NB roof, but it never appeared for some reason.

I imagine it was probably value engineered out.

No reason they couldn't have asked the demolition contractors to include the removal of the screen at that end though, perhaps they just didn't think about it then got quoted a ridiculous extra/over fee if/when they enquired once the works had started.

Don't see why they couldn't just mount newer screen into the existing housings if they wanted to bring screen back.

At the time the north bank went up there were rare birds nesting in it so we weren't allowed to take it down at that time.

We started with a tour of what is going to be a superb new academy facility, led by Gareth Prosser, academy manager, and Jas, the physical conditioning dude for the academy scholars. The equipment isn't in yet so you need to use a little imagination to see how everything will finally look, but the full size indoor pitch is down and looks incredible. We got on there for a few photos with Jez that will probably appear on the website at some point. The surface is going to be truly superb. A lot of money has gone into Compton and it is clearly going to be a world class facility. When open (formal opening will be attended by parliament members) there will be an opportunity for STHs and members to take tours of the facility which may be interesting.

Onto the meeting itself:
Flexi-ticket launch. This idea has grown from a debate at the last parliament meeting which obviously I missed. It would seem that the idea is to cover the regular attendee who will miss a few games. Take up has been reasonably good and as yet no STH has complained that they would have taken this option had it been available at that time. Looks like the idea may be here to stay so will be interesting to see how it goes next summer.

Under 21 game:
Lots of behind the scenes work to get the game. Need to try and get a good crowd in as that was a selling point to the FA. There is a ticket deal for local charter standard kids clubs to get 25 tickets for free for kids and also for adults (Micro's club has taken advantage of this). Away support is expected to be minimal. The whole lower tier is being sold first and the upper tiers will be sold, if needed on a row by row basis to make the ground look as busy as possible for the TV.

Cash Turnstile.
Message is use the cash facility at the ticket office or Dudley street store on match day. Cash turnstiles are an invite for banned fans to get in as there is no data retention involved and no supporter number. The only place where there is a traditional turnstile that could be converted for cash is block 3 of the Steve Bull lower, and that would only potentially happen for a big cup match.

FFP
Transfer policy has not been constrained in any way by FFP.

Digital scoreboard
Cannot be done on the advertising hoardings in the current facility. Looking at an alternate using digi boards mounted on probably two stands, with advertising to help pay for those boards, but no promises that will definitely happen.

Sako
We want him to stay long term. Want success this year so he can have a new contract in the premier league. He loves it here, and has a brilliant relationship with Dicko, but it has to be recognised that if a Premier League club offered the right deal he may wish to take that deal. RVLP was purchased partly to protect us if an offer we had to take came in but thankfully the phone didn't ring.

Bully's 50th
Club will be doing something for this, but not sure what. Jez joked that it almost certainly wouldn't be rebuilding the stand!

Kings Arms original changing rooms
Club aware of the situation with this historic building for Wolves, and are in discussions. Would not say what that could entail.

I asked about the Fulham video highlights. As you would expect, Jez and Matt related the problem to the FLI contract. Would look and see if they can get a bit more of highlights, but the subscriber / non-subscriber set up with Wolves player might cause them issues.

Think that was about it. Steve Bull stand rebuild timescale is regularly discussed and Jez would love to press the button, but the club needs to live within its means and Compton was the priority.

Cheers for attending Paddy and posting the above.

Interesting report, especially that nugget about RLVP.

You could have warned me better than that, I was eating at the time :)

That pitch looks cool though :nod:

The camera adds twenty pounds they reckon. More like fifty. I look like a right fat bastard.

Why didn't we see pictures of you running round the new pitch like a slightly stodgy Andy Reid with glasses ??

At the next meeting can you ask about why you are unable to claim My Wolves or Junior Wolves reduced / free tickets online? Additionally why when booking an Adult ticket to go with the free Junior one do they try and charge a booking fee, when it is impossible to book a seat in the family enclosure without a child, so cannot do so online. They've tried to do this twice with me this season although to be fair did waive it both times after I protested, but this should happen automatically.

Back