• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

****POLL NOW IN OP****Who do you want next?

I think the ability was there, he was very comfortable with the ball and can clearly finish. He just had no aptitude or effort to actually get the ball.

I was just reading on hi Instagram post where he is jetting off on his holibobs Wolves fans slagging him off as he was the only one who didn't bother going over to the fans gathered outside after the game. I know he is off anyway but a bit of humility wouldn't go amiss especially as this was his one and only encounter with any of our fans. Good riddance

Really not sure why everyone seems to be writing off a manager before he's even come to us.

I for one am looking forward to a new coach with a new style of play. If it goes tits up then so be it. Not like we've been good to watch the last year.

Think some of our fans think we're Barcelona, and expect us to offer the job to the likes of Nagelsmann or Klopp.

Nunos record was hardly stellar before us. We need to get behind whoever comes in and offer him the same support.

He never had any bond with the club whatsoever. Wasn’t bothered about playing, wasn’t bothered about performances or results and certainly wasn’t bothered about the fans. Don’t know why anyone expected him to even acknowledge us.

Really not sure why everyone seems to be writing off a manager before he's even come to us. -

I for one am looking forward to a new coach with a new style of play. If it goes tits up then so be it. Not like we've been good to watch the last year.

Think some of our fans think we're Barcelona, and expect us to offer the job to the likes of Nagelsmann or Klopp.

Nunos record was hardly stellar before us. We need to get behind whoever comes in and offer him the same support.
a) Like anything, whether it's players or coaches you look at their record and come to a conclusion, it's difficult to be too excited by Lage.

b) "If it goes tits up then so be it". Sorry mate, but i struggle with that.

c) No, not one person on here is expecting us to get in Nagelsmann or Klopp, but they do mostly expect someone with a better track record than Lage, is that so unreasonable?

d) We were in the Championship when Nuno came to us, so you aren't comparing apples with apples,

e) Of course we should get behind whoever comes in, again no one is saying they won't but surely it's absolutely fair to be worried about what the future may hold when you look at Nuno and replace him with someone who doesn't look to have anywhere near the same track record.

Without Fosun we'd still be meandering around the lower reaches of the championship and maybe league one.

This is much more exciting!

There's going to be scenes when Lage's first signing is Willian Jose.

DW would probably spontaneously combust in rage.
Lage as manager.

José to play up front, Doherty back as we write off whatever Spurs still owe us, Harry Winks on loan, Ramsdale to replace Rui and Gedson Fernandes to replace Neves.

Lage as manager.

José to play up front, Doherty back as we write off whatever Spurs still owe us, Harry Winks on loan, Ramsdale to replace Rui and Gedson Fernandes to replace Neves.
Sounds triffic.

Is this just the fact that he's having his interview?

Is this just the fact that he's having his interview?

Probably, there hasn't been a lot of talk about other managers who have been interviewed though? Or has there?

Given Romano and all the other noise around Lage i'd be amazed if it wasn't him who was appointed now.

Unless Jeff has a look on Mol Mix etc and decides on Rafa instead....

So, what have I learnt from the press and Twitter, a handy form for Wolves fans...

*Lage is the new boss/Fosun are looking for a new manager, it might not be Lage
*Nuno was sacked/It was mutually agreed
*The new manager will get a war chest for new players/We need to sell to buy
*Lage did a good job at Benfica and their fans love him/He's the 2nd coming of Dean Saunders
*All our top players are going to leave/We will be adding to the squad with some quality

*Please feel free to delete as you wish

So, what have I learnt from the press and Twitter, a handy form for Wolves fans...

*Lage is the new boss/Fosun are looking for a new manager, it might not be Lage
*Nuno was sacked/It was mutually agreed
*The new manager will get a war chest for new players/We need to sell to buy
*Lage did a good job at Benfica and their fans love him/He's the 2nd coming of Dean Saunders
*All our top players are going to leave/We will be adding to the squad with some quality

*Please feel free to delete as you wish
I have enough multiple choice questions for today, thank you very much.

So you're not prepared to give a manager you haven't heard of a chance but you are only going to believe news if it's reported by a bloke you'd never heard of before yesterday...
uh? Fabrizio has been around for a long time. I said he'd posted 5 mins before (fabrizio) so if there was news of someone getting the job for sure he'd have posted it. Keep up eh..

Back