• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre Match Music

Not anymore and hopefully never to return.

Goal music is for Bolton.

I did notice UEFA issued a directive that for the Euro 2016 qualifiers, both teams must be treated equally with regard to off field promotion or something like that. So Ireland had goal music when they scored vs Scotland....but had to play goal music when Scotland equalised. That went down well.

I'm more interested in the pre-match/half time stuff being done professionally and coherently than gimmicky crap like what music to play or what awful competition that no-one watches we should have. Get the teams and half time scores read out by someone who has a basic grasp of diction for a start. Not some dwarf mumbling his way through them, frequently getting the information wrong as well. Compare him to the PA guys at United, City etc, it's like comparing Alex Rae with Tongo Doumbia.

No crap pop music, please. How about something lively, such as Bach's 'Brandenburg Concerto No. 2', or Telemann's 'Wassermusik' and to set a rousing atmosphere, there's always our 'own' Elgar's 'Pomp and Circumstance' marches. For the half-time period, how about Bach's 'Cello Sonatas' and a Mozart minuet or two? Not all football fans like boring, bland, loud pop music! I am being absolutely serious.

Back