• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre Match Music

Parkins left foot

'Quirk's Gay Game Winner'
Reaction score
If we are going to have it & Hi Ho 'Wolverhampton' is the choice then we need this version and not the Jeff Beck one

Though what its got to do with Zulu's attacking at Rorke's Drift is beyond me.

This thread must have just about broken the record for the most views with no other posts!

Shouldn't have bothered really :tumbleweed:

Just because its you and only because its you, I'll join in.

No we don't :)

Just because its you and only because its you, I'll join in.

No we don't :)

Thank you for your kind thoughts & the entertaining debate about the merits (or not) of the suggestion :icon_smile:

Agree with PLF, if it has to be that song then id prefer the Slade version..
For those not in the pub, the club need to do something for the prematch music, its become very stale,boring and predictable on a matchday.
Be nice to throw in some local bands music like Capital Letters who just put out a new lp after 30 years including this one.

Hi ho is shite.

Local bands - Planty was/is in Led Zep. Kashmir.

Does the music before Hi Ho Silver Lining vary?

Does the music before Hi Ho Silver Lining vary?

Not lately. Since the passing of Sir Jack they have taken to playing some of his favourites and it's getting a bit "samey"

Not lately. Since the passing of Sir Jack they have taken to playing some of his favourites and it's getting a bit "samey"

I think they pick a playlist for a season? Pre-match music doesn't bother me too much tbh

Didn't start this thread because I particularly want to retain 'HI HO', but merely that if that is what we are going to get would rather it was a version that got the blood pumping at the start of the match - perhaps it might help in firing everyone up for an explosive start each home game & an early goal for us to ease the blood pressure.

Happy for alternatives to be thrown in.

This is on official Wovles Facebook right now:

Wolverhampton Wanderers FC
3 mins ·

FANS | Our PA Announcer is looking for suggestions for songs for the build-up to kick-off playlist. Comment below if there are any songs you would like to hear in the final 15 minute countdown to kick off.

‪#‎BuildUpPlaylist‬

Oh god. Not this again.

I really really don't care what they play before the match, after the match or at half time. They could play Kasabian on repeat for all I care!

This message is now on Twitter too.

Oh god. Not this again.

I really really don't care what they play before the match, after the match or at half time. They could play Kasabian on repeat for all I care!

Guess what every TWF Twitter user has just suggested ;)

It shouldn't be hard really should it? Bit of Slade, bit of Led Zep, Hi Ho Wolverhampton, WELCOME TO YOUR TEAM WOLVERHAMPTON WANDEREEEEEEEEEEERS, Bish, Bash, Bosh, job done. Get on with the bloody football.

Guess what every TWF Twitter user has just suggested ;)

Fine by me - I'll be in the pub! It really doesn't bother me what gets played. It's not important!

You're still in the pub fifteen minutes before kickoff?

Back