• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Needing help with tickets!!!

jambowolves

Reaction score
Hi all

Hearts fan here.

First time posting here, Me and my wife live in Scotland, my wife is originally from Wolverhampton and is a big Wolves fan.

I am trying to get a few tickets for the Chelsea game when we are down next.

The club doesnt make it easy to buy tickets as a one off though, either have to be a member (which costs £41 each) to have the privilege of buying a ticket or have to have previous purchase history when they go on general sale.

Anybody got any ideas?

In would love to see a game in England as well, especially for the fact you can have a pint at the game.

Thanks
JamboWolves

You definitely are not getting "a few" tickets whatever happens.

I wouldn't bother coming just to have a pint! Unless you like drinking on shit concourses.

You definitely are not getting "a few" tickets whatever happens.

I wouldn't bother coming just to have a pint! Unless you like drinking on shit concourses.
I am needing 2 tickets in reality, also want to see premier league football

What you're really after then is a couple of kind souls who are members but aren't going to this one to lend your their supporter numbers - although sorting out the tickets themselves isn't necessarily simple as it'll be tied to their membership card.

Right now there's practically no availability for the Chelsea game, you'll have more luck in the week before the game when returns start coming in. Even then, two together may be a stretch.

General sale, very little to no chance for a game like this.

We sell out basically every game and will do for the rest of the season.

I cant see any way you can get a regular ticket. It will never get to general sale and even if it did previous history is required.

Hospitality is all sold out as well, bar a box in the Steve Bull. So £1800 for one of the worst experiences in football (terrible stand, terrible facilities) is about your only hope

Boxes in the Steve Bull have decent facilities and a good bar.

It's expensive though.

They've been refurbed since I was last in there then (which in fairness is at least 10 years). I used to get invited to a box quite regularly but having a ST very rarely took up the option. I much prefer it in the stands.
The company concerned moved out of their box when facilities became 'dated' and the box price increased massively [plus they often struggled to fill it]. They know have four tickets in WV1 instead and much prefer the matchday.

I have a season ticket at Hearts, we have a ticket initiative called "ticket exchange" so if a season ticket holder cant go they put it up on the exchange and someone can buy it, the club get half the money and the person selling gets money of next seasons season ticket.

I just think its really difficult to even get to a game, i watch them most weeks and see empty seats all over the place.

Yeah, you'll get returns (we hand back 80% of the pro-rata cost to the season ticket holder, assuming we sell the seat). But it'll be in the week before the game. And unlikely to be two together.

We don't have empty seats everywhere, I can assure you of that.

Didnt mean to be rude or anything, Wolves have became my English team!

So what would you suggest i do?

Even if its not the Chelsea game but any game in the future?

I don't doubt you are genuine, but if we operated how you suggest we'd just get lots of away fans in the home end. It happens now to a degree as they are prepared to pay over the odds for a membership. We sell out as it is so there's no financial incentive to do so either

It's pot luck really when it comes to official channels. For Spurs a few weeks ago there was availability in every stand, less than 24 hours before the game, on general sale (they all went). Leeds never went to general sale, probably because of history of crowd trouble.

As I say, you're best asking for spare memberships/season tickets, but there's no guarantee of anything.

Or hope we get relegated, then you won't have a problem getting one, two, three, five or ten...

Didnt mean to be rude or anything, Wolves have became my English team!

So what would you suggest i do?

Even if its not the Chelsea game but any game in the future?
The only thing might be to eat the cost of a membership.

Or go to any early round Cup game that's not against the Sky 6 or a local derby

I get why the club make it difficult, but man, this all sounds like such a pain in the ass for out-of-towners.

I get why the club make it difficult, but man, this all sounds like such a pain in the ass for out-of-towners.
It's only because we're at our peak for attendances in about 60-70 years.

Look at this, 1973. When we apparently had a brilliant team that could have won the league if you listen to the old codgers, and it was less than £1 to get in. Finished 5th.

Averaged 24k.

Pretty sure we haven't had a home gate below 30k since 2018*.

*Edit: Not counting that weird Covid farce vs Man Utd on the final day of 2020/21.

*Edit 2: A couple last season fell a few hundred short of 30k. Point still stands, we've never had prolonged attendances like this in my entire lifetime, and I'm 42 next month.

Last edited:
Tbf I'm not sure what could be done other than the obvious: expand the stadium (you know, simply do that 😂).

If we sell out every match then it just follows logically that one-off seats will be hard to get. Good problem to have, really. Doubt that makes Jambo feel better, though!

Price Wayne from Whitmore Reans out so Lars from Aarhus can go to his one game a season and spend a ton in the club shop along the way was Vinny's masterplan. But he's a fucking idiot so that isn't happening.

It's not a conundrum that can be easily solved. While we're in this league we probably do need more capacity but not too much more. There's one very obvious candidate to be knocked down and rebuild but it will take two years, in which time we've lost capacity and income. If we go down then the ground as it is will hardly ever be full unless you look almost nailed on to go up, then carpetbaggers will jump on board halfway through the season to guarantee a seat for PL football. If you build a Steve Bull that's 2k bigger than now then it scarcely seems worth the effort. If you build one that's 6k bigger it might very easily look stupid and empty fairly soon, as we're only ever a few bad calls away from relegation and midweek games vs Rotherham and Preston.

What you can't predict is just how fickle your floating fan will be. I'll be there regardless so long as I can afford it and still be able to eat, but it's your likes who will pay to watch Gonçalo Guedes but wouldn't pay to watch Bakary Sako that define what we need. And if I can't get into their warped mindset, good luck if you try doing it.

No worries thanks for the help, what we might do is buy the membership for next season then we can go to more games next season, we are only down maybe 1 time every 2-3 months so it’s about choosing when to come down. I understand why they make it hard for away fans as Hearts do the same thing, I am surprised the membership fee isn’t reduced as the season goes on

No worries thanks for the help, what we might do is buy the membership for next season then we can go to more games next season, we are only down maybe 1 time every 2-3 months so it’s about choosing when to come down. I understand why they make it hard for away fans as Hearts do the same thing, I am surprised the membership fee isn’t reduced as the season goes on
How far is the trip for you, if I can ask?

Back