• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2016/17 Season

Showed the need to not have Dave in there - three decent chances, zero power & no goals

Ennis looks sharp. Doherty doesn't look bothered or just plain crap. Iorfa just pulls up which is never good.

Doherty's swing for the ball on their 4th is quality!

Just watched it, I guess it's Doherty who gets nutmegged for the second too, we've still got a long way to go but I reckon that team from yesterday won't resemble anything from the team we'll finish next season with.

Ennis looks sharp. Doherty doesn't look bothered or just plain crap. Iorfa just pulls up which is never good.

He didn't, that was him trying to carry on and he evidently couldn't. He was actually injured earlier when he was striding away with the ball and Fer grabbed him and tripped him up but fell on top of Iorfa and that's where he picked up the injury, something to do with his ankle and hopefully not to bad.

I think it's unfair to pin the blame on Kenny for the state of the squad when we've not been able to sign anyone for the last month, to be honest. If there would have been no takeover, there would have been more signings than Andy Lonergan, and we wouldn't have ended up with the team we were forced to play in the second half.

Don't get me wrong, they'd probably have been crappy signings, but they would at least have been bodies to fill a shirt with.

I think it's unfair to pin the blame on Kenny for the state of the squad when we've not been able to sign anyone for the last month, to be honest. If there would have been no takeover, there would have been more signings than Andy Lonergan, and we wouldn't have ended up with the team we were forced to play in the second half.

Don't get me wrong, they'd probably have been crappy signings, but they would at least have been bodies to fill a shirt with.

Powell was one. That deal was done and dusted until the takeover talks reach the point where it was all but done

Wolves Under-23s face their next pre-season friendly this evening when they travel to face Stamford AFC.
Scott Sellars’ side have been in good form in pre-season, most recently coming back from a goal down to win 2-1 at Corby Town on Saturday.
Goals came from Sylvain Deslandes and Connor Hunte.
Sellars’ side have lost only one of their seven pre-season fixtures so far.

SQUAD: Flatt, Simpson, O’Hanlon, Herc, Hayden, Johnson, Armstrong, Hunte, Collins, Wilson, Randall, Upton, Leak, Ronan, Finnie, McKenna, Reid.

No Deslandes so has he been moved back up to the first team?

Scored on Saturday...

Back