• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2023/24

A draw probably fair. Things we already knew and proved further.

Cunha not a striker.
Kilman and Dawson were shocking
Lemina and Nunes need better concentration.
Joe Hodge is Lg1 level
Glasgo is an idiot.

Things we didn't know;
Neto and Sarabia looking sharp
We lack creativity in central midfield and can understand why Scott was #1 target.
Elevdi is needed asap

Hart and Doc chatting about the dive for the pen after the whistley, laughing a bit haha

Yeah if Lopetegui is honestly saying this team is relegation guaranteed I think he (and others) are really exaggerating the quality of Luton/ Sheff Utd/ Everton/ B’mouth/ Forest/ Palace.

Pretty happy tbh. There are some serious weaknesses but they were obvious last season and we haven't signed anyone so they're obviously going to still be weaknesses now.

Celtic were a good opposition and I thought we more than matched them after a wobbly first 20 so as far as our preparation for the season I think we're well on track.

A draw probably fair. Things we already knew and proved further.

Cunha not a striker.
Kilman and Dawson were shocking
Lemina and Nunes need better concentration.
Joe Hodge is Lg1 level
Glasgo is an idiot.

Things we didn't know;
Neto and Sarabia looking sharp
We lack creativity in central midfield and can understand why Scott was #1 target.
Elevdi is needed asap

& Fabio has to start?

Dissapointing, friendly yes, but FFS nothing there going forward for me.

Hodge won't start, and if he has to play we are seriously fucked.

Before the game Lop suggested we will be down with no additions I agree with him, not enough quality going forward.
Cunha, Sarabia, and Hang are not the answer.
Not sure Silva is ready for 36 Premier League games, he will be ok for a few starts, and plenty of 30 minutes.

I am dreading this season.
I have a season ticket for Malaga they are playing equivalent to Non League.
Rangers are shocking
And we are heading down unless Shi can sanction a few deals

Doc just said there are issues behind the scenes

Last edited:

Before the game Lop suggested we will be down with no additions I agree with him, not enough quality going forward.
Not sure Silva is ready for 36 Premier League games, he will be ok for a few starts, and plenty of 30 minutes.

Rangers are shocking
Let’s hope this proves as accurate as virtually everything else you’ve ever posted here 👍🏻

& Fabio has to start?
I don't think he's good enough but as the squad stands, until Sasa is fit or a striker bought then yes.

I think we desperately need creativity in midfield. A Scott or similar so we can unlock Sarabia, Neto and Cunha/ Fabio.

Rangers are shocking
You're so fucking dense.

I'm as capable as an overreaction as anybody but that's just ridonk.

There's a fair bit to be concerned about. Cunha is a lovely footballer but his final ball or shot is almost always wank, and I don't think that's ever going to change. 433. Just won't work, so we need Sasa or Silva to properly work out. Good cameo from the generational talent but I still wouldn't want to rely on him for 38 games.

We can't rightly rule out the 4-3-3 just like that. Instituting that kind of tactical change is a process.

Given it was a glorified training session, I think there was a lot of good to take from the exercise.

I'm as capable as an overreaction as anybody but that's just ridonk.

There's a fair bit to be concerned about. Cunha is a lovely footballer but his final ball or shot is almost always wank, and I don't think that's ever going to change. 433. Just won't work, so we need Sasa or Silva to properly work out. Good cameo from the generational talent but I still wouldn't want to rely on him for 38 games.
I think 4-3-3 could work but we need Cunha or Scott to be that 3rd midfielder.

A narrow 4-4-1-1 would certainly fit these players though.

I think you need pace around Fabio or at least runs behind to get the most out of playing him with Cunha behind. Someone like.... Chiquinho might be good as one of the wingers and Neto the other side

Back