• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2023/24

I don't think he's good enough but as the squad stands, until Sasa is fit or a striker bought then yes.

I think we desperately need creativity in midfield. A Scott or similar so we can unlock Sarabia, Neto and Cunha/ Fabio.

I think a simple switch of shape with a proper forward would do that. Although I agree we've really needed that creative 8 type for years.

Genuine question.

Going into this season would you rather have Joe Hodge or Jack Price as a genuine option in centre midfield?

Genuine question.

Going into this season would you rather have Joe Hodge or Jack Price as a genuine option in centre midfield?

I think Hodge will probably have a better career.

Genuine question.

Price, no question. We could use his set pieces (or at least corner deliveries), even at this level.

Course, as he's crocked indefinitely it's moot. But on merit even putting Hodge and Price in the same breath feels right harsh on the old Shropshire Pirlo.

When will they stop with this FFP bullshit, is it because City, Chelsea and other big clubs sell a lot of merch they can spend so much within the rules?

When will they stop with this FFP bullshit, is it because City, Chelsea and other big clubs sell a lot of merch they can spend so much within the rules?
I think it’s because big clubs have so much money, they can do what they want and the authorities are scared of them.
Happy for someone who knows these things to put me right

If Hodge could actually try some forward passes instead of keeping everything simple he might look better as a ticking over type midfielder. He seems to have a look when he has a second of space but then just goes sideways or backwards to whoever is most open. I think the criticism of him is more warranted than Fabio - still holding the Fabio torch for now.

If Hodge could actually try some forward passes instead of keeping everything simple he might look better as a ticking over type midfielder. He seems to have a look when he has a second of space but then just goes sideways or backwards to whoever is most open. I think the criticism of him is more warranted than Fabio - still holding the Fabio torch for now.
He's too slow mentally.

He's too slow mentally.
It's not just that, he picks his head up and sees an opportunity to switch play and he can't execute the pass. He's not capable of finding a teammate if it's not a straightforward ball.

Reactions: b3h
It's not just that, he picks his head up and sees an opportunity to switch play and he can't execute the pass. He's not capable of finding a teammate if it's not a straightforward ball.
I agree, technically he just isn't there.

I can only think Lop his playing him to prove a point. Scott Gemmel was better.

Reactions: b3h
I agree, technically he just isn't there.

I can only think Lop his playing him to prove a point. Scott Gemmel was better.
If Gomes has a knock, Boubacar isn't fit & he doesn't want to play Matheus deep then he's genuinely an option in that position unfortunately. There's not a lot of quality in depth in our squad.

If Gomes has a knock, Boubacar isn't fit & he doesn't want to play Matheus deep then he's genuinely an option in that position unfortunately. There's not a lot of quality in depth in our squad.
Hell, play Toti there.

He tried playing a couple of switches first half and they sailed miles out of play. He's just a poor footballer.

Jack Price was miles better at the same age, so was Lee Evans, so was Carl Robinson, so was Keith Andrews, so was Gavin Mahon.

Back