• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

QPR 2 - 1 Wolves: verdict thread

Does the Forum have a "Most Pointless Thread of the Year" award? This one would walk it. Thanks for the report on the game, Slink

Thanks for the report Slink.

The rest of the thread is fucking tedious to read, especially after reading the same garbage on the matchday thread.

Thanks for the report Slink.

The rest of the thread is fucking tedious to read, especially after reading the same garbage on the matchday thread.

I hope you don't walk under any ladders, break any mirrors or run over any black cats today. Because if you do.....

Got in at about 10.40pm by which time the ‘bogey team discussion’ was in full swing so couldn’t be bothered to join in after 3hrs on trains with various changes to route me round southern England due to engineering works.

Whether we have teams we are worse against or not is irrelevant – we just didn’t turn up en masse yesterday which is why we lost. Pitch wasn’t in great nick, but that shouldn’t mask the fact that our ball control was very much below par and resulted in lost possession when it shouldn’t have.

Put to bed Holloways’ comment that we would be hard to beat as we attack with 5 & defend with 5. We didn’t as Doherty reverted to type ambling back when they attacked so that by the time he was in position we had the ball back & he had to turn around. Would have been OK if he had been of use further up, but wasn’t really though not really any worse than Douglas on the other side (bar 1 good cross that was only 6 ins off Leo’s boot.

Some wrong choices made which could well have put us ahead before they got the winner. Bright was put in & clear, but needed to shoot early rather than complicating things & getting caught up in traffic. Leo should have had a second (though the ball across was slightly higher than was comfortable), but equally Jota was clear for a shot in an equally good position rather than making the pass

Possibility of a penalty as Jota worked his way into the box and was pulled down by the neck – went down easily, but it was a foul nonetheless. That said that was compensated for by the Ref giving them a FK just outside the area – if it was a foul (which was debateable) then it looked a good yard inside.
Hopefully we won’t have that many players having an off day at the same time again.

One slightly weird aspect to yesterday was that Darlo had booked 2 tickets & me 1.

Booked independently & not at the same time - when we checked where we were sitting (though in reality standing) as we queued to go in his tickets were Y2 row C numbers 199 & 200

Mine was:

drum roll :drummer: and suitably long pause to heighten tension

Y2 row C seat 198!!!

Odds of that happening must be fairly high

Help Required, I have just organised a business trip to Gt Yarmouth so can go to the match. Thing is how will i get the ticket as I leave later today, will it be at the ticket office there? it doesnt say anything except collect but is that at Wolves

Help Required, I have just organised a business trip to Gt Yarmaouth so can go to the match. Thing is how will i get the ticket as I leave later today, will it be at the ticket office there? it doesnt say anything except collect but is that at Wolves

Speak to the ticket office - booked really late for Fulham last season & as I live in the South West no way I could collect from them

Ticket was brought down on the club coach & I collected it at Craven Cottage ticket office (mine wasn't the only one doing this route)

Thanks very much I will book it tomorrow over the phone it that case, Cheers

Picked a good day and night to go away by the looks of it, havent seen the game but it sounds like we just weren't very good. It will happen this season irrespective of the opponents and their tactics, despite this sounds like we had chances to win the game.

For me Tuesday

Ruddy out for Norris
Douglas out for Vinagre
Batth out for Boly
Saiss out for Alf
Cav our for Costa

The rest I would keep the same but if Norris doesn't start now after 4 games and 4 clean sheets then he will be well in his rights to be pissed off.

I don't worry about Nuno at all he gives me so much confidence as our manager, I can't say I have felt this way about any other manager since I started watching Wolves in the mid 80's.

Edit - Seen highlights now first goal is very poor 2 chances to clear not taken Saiss and Batth responsible there. 2nd goal it's a decent enough header but surely Ruddy should save that? Bonatini should score from the 1 2 with Jota some of that play was really good.

Last edited:
Yep, spent most of today thinking Norris should start on Tuesday. I accept I may get a life ban for this but there is also part of me that wonders if Dave Edwards wouldn't have been a better RWB than Doherty...

Yep, spent most of today thinking Norris should start on Tuesday. I accept I may get a life ban for this but there is also part of me that wonders if Dave Edwards wouldn't have been a better RWB than Doherty...

Just no!!!

Not that the last named is better, but just that that was not the answer

Dave Edwards can’t tackle, cross, control a football, shoot, stand in roughly the right place in his career position. I’d rather play Bennett.

I'm now picturing the amount of times Eddo would Mo Camara it straight into the South Bank per game. Could have been spectacular.

Qpr were quick on us yesterday and Holloway had done his homework as such, giving us very little time & space.
Although bar their goal, for the last 20 odd mins of the 1st half it was all us as they tired.
Doherty wasnt at it but then again Cav infront of him didnt help either...just one of those days.

IF Norris does come in then he has to distribute the ball a lot quicker than he does now....thats my only issue with him.

Still think their 1st goal was incredibly jammy to bounce right to fatty Washington.

Norris' distribution is good, people are getting way too hung up on a couple of errors at City.

Yes their first goal was very fortunate, could have bounced anywhere (though Saiss was far too half-arsed)

Norris' distribution is good, people are getting way too hung up on a couple of errors at City.

Yes their first goal was very fortunate, could have bounced anywhere (though Saiss was far too half-arsed)

Have just seen it for the first time actually, bit of a bizarre goal all round but how is it not a foul beforehand, with the push in the back (might be on Miranda?)

Back