• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

This morning, on LBC radio, former UKIP leader Nigel Farage launched an outrageous attack on us, on Brendan Cox, husband of murdered MP Jo Cox, and by association on everyone who believes in HOPE not hate. Our lawyer has just sent Farage a letter demanding he retracts and publicly apologises or we will begin legal proceedings against him.

Maybe he'll Tweet an apology at 2am, like square faced fellow racist Katie Hopkins.

You have read the comments haven't you?

Yes and they were out of order. I have often said I didn't like him and his comments were disgusting. I thought that a working man doing his job, getting high jacked, beat to shit, stabbed and then shot, leaving a family behind was a worthwhile cause.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...fident-brexit-quit-single-market-former-bank/

Britain should be "self-confident" about Brexit and Theresa May must "stop pretending" that the UK will still be a member of the Single Market, the former governor of the Bank of England has said.

Lord King, the former governor of the Bank of England, said that there are "real opportunities" for economic reform and new trade deals after Britain leaves the European Union.

Sort of a good news, bad news message isn't it?

Stop deluding yourself that the single market will be available, because it won't, but don't think that other trade deals are an absolute impossibility, because they won't be.

I am intrigued to understand what sort of economic reform Lord King envisages as coming out of this. Might have to dig deeper and see what he says.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/28/ministers-lack-courage-to-admit-complexity-of-brexit-say-civil-servants

Civil servants across government departments are preparing for May to trigger article 50 in March, launching the Brexit process.

Penman, who represents senior civil servants – who cannot speak directly to the media – said May appeared to be leading a government that could not cope with any discussion about problems of implementation, as it was interpreted as criticism.

He said: “It is pure politics that is defining the Brexit debate and forcing May to say this is not a big, difficult job, and it is all in hand. Ministers lack the political courage to admit how complex and time-consuming this will be. When anyone pops their head above the parapet – former permanent secretaries, ex-cabinet secretaries, the Institute for Government – and says this is going to take a long time and it’s complex, they are immediately shot down and accused of betraying the will of the people.

“The politics around Brexit are the biggest risk to Brexit. The government is clearly in a situation where they are trying to deny the complexity of it.”

...Unless they say something that confirms our biases, presumably?

Back