• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

Well JRM is going to have a lot of room to have a lie down on the Government benches!

Going to be snug on the other side mind

21 gone. Easily replaced. Get some genuine Right wing in and walk the election. Need to get Nige onside.

Start the day with a majority of 1. Lose 22 MPs inside about eight hours.

Lose first vote in Premiership, first time that has happened since 1793. I do mean 1793, I haven't mistyped 1973. Pitt the Younger of Blackadder fame.

Going well.

Yeah the Country needs another raving racist running things.

21 gone. Easily replaced. Get some genuine Right wing in and walk the election. Need to get Nige onside.

Won't happen.

Both Johnson and Farage are incredibly divisive. The absolute heidbangers they have in Cabinet right now (Patel, Leadsom, Raab, Gavvy Gav etc) inspire nothing but pity and horrible Quislings like Rudd and Morgan should by rights get drummed out.

odLH95P.jpg

Time will tell. Not gonna worry me a whole lot whatever happens. I'd like to see Corbs in charge. It would be interesting.

Who's your money on when Corbs loses the GE?
Whoever Momentum want. It'll more of a coronation than an election. Long-Bailey would be my guess. I'd like Angela Rayner as I think she'd resonate more with the electorate, but don't think she's left enough to get the Momentum ordination

Don't see Labour running on a no Brexit platform, the best you'll get is on a second referendum one. I still think there's a general failure on here to understand how passionately leavers feel. I know loads of soft Labour voters who will vote Tory if it gives Brexit. I think you'd get a turnout of 5-10% higher than the last GE on a Brexit based election

loads of old labour seats would vote for boris. so it's more about how much he loses elsewhere. he could easily get in imo simply because who else would the country judge as potential pm. i'm still expecting a no-deal scenario somehow.
thing is, it'll be after brexit, particularly a no-deal that the "fun" starts. they'll be plenty gunning for him if he can't deliver, or even if he does.

Well he's fucked if he thinks the EU (aided and abetted by likes of Monotone John, Bliar, Mandy and a few others) are going to give even the slightest care to his dilemma so Corbyn will be under strict orders to delay delay and then delay while they somehow plot to get rid of him once and for all then install a safe centrist like the other Milliband to come in and appease the lovelies in Islington. No doubt there will be a big shift to the right with the Cons who are fucked unless they bow down to Farage and a danger the centrist vote will be split between the Libs and Labs. Either way let them have some fun and get some post fixit glee flowing - End austerity, tax the wealthier, raise corporation tax, raise the minimum wage and borrow to the hilt then spend, spend and then spend and let the UK have a few years in clover before it all comes completely and utterly crashing down among them. The UK needs a party ...

Spare a thought for poor Phillip Lee - he has his moment of fame, hero of the masses (no doubt to the envy of Soubry) and then gets hated by the Lib Dems for his voting record on gay rights ..... truth is they don't really want him.

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1169020717888868354?s=19

Labour source raises an interesting prospect.

With 21 Tories losing the whip and Phillip Lee crossing the floor, Labour with SNP & LDs now have a notional majority of five.

"Why wouldn't you ask to form a Government and take control of Parliament?"

[emoji91]Watch this space [emoji91]

New coalition followed by a second vote then general election?

That would be fantastic - a government that ignores referendums and wasn't voted in.

Be a lot better than the current situation probably.

Mind you it does raise a couple of interesting points. Boris doesn’t need the DUP any more as their votes are no longer kingmakers. Will that change the relationship there? Would Corbyn get into bed with the SNP when it would probably damage any slim remaining labour prospects north of the border?

Still the same issue as when a version of this was mooted a couple of weeks ago. Other parties don't want to be part of a Corbyn led Government

True. But they also don’t want to part of a Johnson led government either. Looks like minority government until an election then. It will be hugely amusing if Boris is unable to secure an election. If Labour actually plays this right they could be in a decent position.

That would be fantastic - a government that ignores referendums and wasn't voted in.

As opposed to a Prime Minister that was never voted in and a government that wasn't voted in with a majority?

Back