• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

Papper, why do you keep referencing Mandelson and Campbell? It isn't 1997.

Johnson won't lose the election no matter what happens over the next week. There'll barely be a single floating voter that doesn't think Jeremy Corbyn is a cunt. Mainly because Jeremy Corbyn is a cunt.

Edit - the only hope is that the cons/Brexit party split is so perfect in each constituency that it hurts them both. But then I honestly can't see Swinson propping up a jezza government.

A Green supporter having so much hatred for Corbyn is jarring, why Del?

Johnson won't lose the election no matter what happens over the next week. There'll barely be a single floating voter that doesn't think Jeremy Corbyn is a cunt. Mainly because Jeremy Corbyn is a cunt.

Edit - the only hope is that the cons/Brexit party split is so perfect in each constituency that it hurts them both. But then I honestly can't see Swinson propping up a jezza government.

I think you vastly understate how increasingly unpopular Johnson is. We all know he lied in 2016. We all know he's a perpetual liar. We can all see he has no answers. We can see that he actually isn't clever or funny, he is in fact a woeful speaker and diabolically unstatesmanlike. We can see what absolute cretins he has placed in Cabinet. He's ditched broadly popular veteran Tories in a fit of pique. The days of him being the Tory who speaks to traditional non-Tories are long gone.

The longer he hitches himself to Cummings, the worse this gets for him.

Nice to see Starmer confirm that labour will not be voting for the election until the Bill is enacted and the Article 50 extension granted. One trap neatly avoided.

I think you vastly understate how increasingly unpopular Johnson is. We all know he lied in 2016. We all know he's a perpetual liar. We can all see he has no answers. We can see that he actually isn't clever or funny, he is in fact a woeful speaker and diabolically unstatesmanlike. We can see what absolute cretins he has placed in Cabinet. He's ditched broadly popular veteran Tories in a fit of pique. The days of him being the Tory who speaks to traditional non-Tories are long gone.

I think you're right that we can see that.

It is whether they, (the voting populace) can see it. I'm less convinced.

Nice to see Starmer confirm that labour will not be voting for the election until the Bill is enacted and the Article 50 extension granted. One trap neatly avoided.

to be fair, labour have been consistent with that point.
Not sure if it was this thread or another that someone was discussing a next possible labour leader. Starmer would be my pick.

Papper, why do you keep referencing Mandelson and Campbell? It isn't 1997.

Because they are anti-Corbyn. They are the architects of New Labour and it's fairly safe to insinuate they would like a move back to the centre ground.
Why is Corbyn a cunt? (Not specifically aimed at you Deutschy)

The sensible thing to do. The only way this farce will end is when new clowns are chosen .. preferably clowns that make it crystal clear how they will vote in the future.

Because they are anti-Corbyn. They are the architects of New Labour and it's fairly safe to insinuate they would like a move back to the centre ground.
Why is Corbyn a cunt? (Not specifically aimed at you Deutschy)
They have no power at all in the current Labour Party. Campbell isn't even a member

They are a powerful lobby who are anti-Corbyn. They are splattered over the media - a media which has become increasingly anti-Corbyn.

http://www.stopwar.org.uk/index.php...nce-for-the-dead-in-afghanistan-iraq-pakistan
But they don't have a Party, access to a Party, as far as I'm aware a desire to form a Party and Momentum has a stranglehold on Labour membership. When Corbyn goes he will be replaced by someone from the left and the likes of Campbell and Mandelson will be as instrumental in that as I will. The media isn't increasingly anti Corbyn it's been that way from day 1

That's with the politically engaged though. Unfortunately Doris the dinner lady loves him because he's funny and has lots of hair, whereas Corbyn looks like a tramp and loves the Russians and the ira, and her vote counts the same as ours.

Unfortunately it's more about personality for the disinterested voter, I reckon. For those not engaged/enlightened I mean, if which I would say amounts to more than most given the conversations I've had with 'normal' people

That's with the politically engaged though. Unfortunately Doris the dinner lady loves him because he's funny and has lots of hair, whereas Corbyn looks like a tramp and loves the Russians and the ira, and her vote counts the same as ours.

Pretty much how it is. My inlaws like Boris because he is funny, says what he wants and Jezza is a scruff ball who hates the Queen (they did vote remain though so who the fuck knows)

A Green supporter having so much hatred for Corbyn is jarring, why Del?

His bellendery on Brexit has pissed me off, but more than anything it's his inability to be even remotely politically/media savvy. He could have nipped the antisemitism shit in the bud years ago by being publicly stronger against those who went too close to the line. He should have publicly denounced those that do it online in his name, but he hasn't. He's been terribly and/or non-existent in the media. He's great in his little videos on Facebook, and says a lot of agreeable stuff, but until he says it and is subject to scrutiny in public (question time, LBC, this morning etc) his message is only seen by Labour supporters, and he's not doing anything to fight the right wing media agenda against him. He's done a terrible job of what should have been the easiest opposition in recent history.

I said last night, but there is a general lack of appreciation on here of how popular Johnson is with the not traditionally engaged leaver who for whatever reason Brexit is now a passion for.

I overhear conversation after conversation in pubs from people, many of whom are soft Labour voters who thinks he's a hero for trying to give the people what they want. The same people hate Corbyn principally because they think he's effectively a member of the IRA. It's the perfect storm for any Con Lab marginal outside of London

Majority of 29 to stop us leaving without a deal. Couple more Tories fancy becoming Independants?

More likely either Hoey or Mann have been leaned upon to vote with the Labour whip and one of them has agreed to change their vote.

Back