• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

Tory peers are going to try and talk out the Bill in the Lords

Tory peers are going to try and talk out the Bill in the Lords

The opposition peers have already set things in place to prevent that. They did something yesterday. Can’t remember what, but it is specifically anti-filibuster

'The first duty of a member of Parliament is to do what he thinks in his faithful and disinterested judgement is right and necessary for the honour and safety of Great Britain.' Winston Churchill

That is what happened last night. I couldn't be more pleased.

Boris Johnson’s plan to suspend UK Parliament ahead of Brexit deadline is lawful, judge in Scotland rules

Not a surprise. Constitutional outrage doesn’t automatically mean illegal act

On the plus side we got to see the levels of bullshitting Boris is prepered to do. I mean it won't change anything in the eyes of the public, but to good know where we stand

My brother, up till now a reasonable chap, solid remainer, not in the least bit right wing, has been won round by Johnson's "leadership". He's impressed by the way he's brought things to a head after so many years of stasis. the fact that it's plunging the country even further into crisis seems not to matter, only that something is being done, and this is something.
He obviously won't miss my Christmas cards.

Jim Pickard
@PickardJE
A special meeting of the Parliamentary Labour Party has just broken up, the near-unanimous view of the room was that Corbyn should hold off on a snap election until after November 1. Corbyn may disagree. But in the words of one figure: "They (MPs) are the ones who have the vote."

Good news as far as I'm concerned. Johnson has to be seen to be breaking his do or die promises and having to go cap in hand to Europe asking for an extension.

Debate opens with Bill Cash moaning about the unseemly rush. Fuck off. You KNOW why this has to be expedited

It's delaying the inevitable when they cannot keep us in the EU without consent and the circus cannot get a deal through anyway. All this cock waving means nothing ...

Apart from a delay to allow Johnson’s credibility to be shot so he loses the election.

Plus there is nothing to stop this bill coming round every three months ad infinitum

I'm not sure the public will take much more of this bollocks they need clarity. There has to be an election and what appears a redefinition of what leave actually means - even though it's been made clear that manifestos and referendums don't actually mean much. Nobody trusts these clowns any more. If the chosen path is to overturn the referendum then be clear about but it sets dangerous precedents ...

Johnson won't lose the election no matter what happens over the next week. There'll barely be a single floating voter that doesn't think Jeremy Corbyn is a cunt. Mainly because Jeremy Corbyn is a cunt.

Edit - the only hope is that the cons/Brexit party split is so perfect in each constituency that it hurts them both. But then I honestly can't see Swinson propping up a jezza government.

Johnson won't lose the election no matter what happens over the next week. There'll barely be a single floating voter that doesn't think Jeremy Corbyn is a cunt. Mainly because Jeremy Corbyn is a cunt.

A heavily favoured and elected cunt by the Labour top brass ...
It appears his unpopularity is centred on his attitude towards Palestine and therefore his removal will alienate a large section of the Labour support who may splinter. Essentially we will have a defined left of whatever is left after Corbyn, a middle ground of New New Lab or whatever Mandy and Campbell decide and the Liberal Undemocrats and then a defined right influenced by Farage.

Whatever a fuckin mess ...

Another thing. If Boris pursues any path other than no deal then the Brexit party will fight against Conservatives in the election. If that splits the Conservative vote then there is a much better chance of a Lib Lab pact winning the election. At which point second referendum would become inevitable

Back