• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

Congratulations your googling has found that the average wait for a non-urgent appointment is over a week. As they are non-urgent I don't see what the fuss is about. The original assertion from yourself was:

Well most doctors would come out and see you in the old days. Many people wait 2 weeks , to speak to a doctor by telephone now.

Now you could argue this is for non-urgent doctors appointments but then I wonder what the percentage is of those in comparison to same-day or urgent appointments. How many of those fall outside of the week?

As for your assertion you could ring up the doctor and go and see him the same day when you were a kid, I'm sure you could but successive governments have demolished the NHS and I remember waiting nearly 60 weeks to have an operation under Maggie Thatchers Tory government and it isn't anywhere near that now.

I still don't know what this has to do with the EU as from my own point of view the NHS got much better under Blair and I haven't noticed much difference from about 2004 till now.

Under Labour when NHS spending went up, waiting times went down. Even though we were in the EU.

Thats mental? How could that be THM? HOW?

There are 3% less GP's now than there were last year. Turns out Brexit wasn't such a good move as there's now less GP's to see.

Seem to have missed the fun on here today (damn work)

So to check, today we have had

1 Millions working in poverty because of the EU
2 Trillions of debt because of the EU
3 High levels of immigration because of the EU
4 Month long waits at doctors surgeries because of the EU

I'm sure this has been done to death but here goes.......

1 - Millions working in poverty is not because of the EU, its to do with the welfare policy of the last 7 years of Tory government, and big companies paying poor wages on zero hours contracts
2 - The debt has risen to trillions during the last 7 years of Tory austerity, not enforced by the EU
3 - Immigration from non-EU countries is still higher than from within the EU, and we've had control over that forever.
4 - People aren't waiting for a month for doctors appointments, and even if that was true because of immigration increasing demand - see point 3.

Without immigrants I'm sure the wait to see a doctor would be a damn sight longer than it is now

1, Working should have nothing to do with welfare. Millions working in poverty is because the UK has open EU borders and people have flooded in to the UK from very poor new members of the EU and southern EU countries which have been decimated by EU policy. More unskilled workers means bosses can pay shit wages added to this the demand for renting is much higher meaning rents have gone up. As a big proportion of wages go on paying for a roof over your head, lower wages, higher rents mean poorer workers. Read the Labour manifesto.

2, The Tory party loves Austerity, but the Austerity is not why we owe a trillion, it is because our financial system, which the EU and global capitalists love so much is the reason we are in trillion debt. We have decimated our manufacturing base, this took the ultimate power from the workers. Our whole system is wrong, staying in the EU was the problem. The very few are happy while the workers are punished with austerity. A constant flow of cheap Labour, causing higher rents. A strain on our public services, just to exasperate the situation.

3. How many people from colonies of other EU countries live in the UK? That means they were born outside the EU, often never worked in their colonial country,. but have EU passports.

4, Yes they are. If the average wait is now 17 days according to NHS statistics and people on this forum can see a doctor in a day, it stands to reason many are eating over the 17 days. To say peole aren't waiting 4 weeks is quite frankly wrong.

Apparently it is the EU's fault that we haven't trained more home-grown medical staff.

More doctors
More bricklayers to build the houses for more people.
Nor plumbers to put the heating in the houses.
More carers to look after the more old people.
More chefs, because we need more restaurants.

More, more, more. A bankers dream, not a workers dream.

Congratulations your googling has found that the average wait for a non-urgent appointment is over a week. As they are non-urgent I don't see what the fuss is about. The original assertion from yourself was:

Now you could argue this is for non-urgent doctors appointments but then I wonder what the percentage is of those in comparison to same-day or urgent appointments. How many of those fall outside of the week?

As for your assertion you could ring up the doctor and go and see him the same day when you were a kid, I'm sure you could but successive governments have demolished the NHS and I remember waiting nearly 60 weeks to have an operation under Maggie Thatchers Tory government and it isn't anywhere near that now.

I still don't know what this has to do with the EU as from my own point of view the NHS got much better under Blair and I haven't noticed much difference from about 2004 till now.

You were wrong to call me a liar.

I dont think you're a liar, you honestly think that what you say is true.

But it isnt, because you're just plain old stupid.

You were wrong to call me a liar.

I didn't call you a liar. I asked you to prove your statement. I'm complicit in letting you derail this thread with your shite.

I will not ask you to prove that people are waiting longer than a week to see their doc in emergency situations as that will derail thus thread further. You are blaming immigration which is wrong and has been proved many times over. You choose not to admit that half of all immigration is non-European and also choose to just make stuff up to fit your argument.

I won't feed your attention anymore and apologise to the other TWF'ers for doing as much.

Back