• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation run in 22/23 ** Now a Wolves free zone**

I have dreamed of them going all season. Leicester are letting the side down and giving them an out. Shame.

Southampton officially gone.

One down, two to go

Will fancy their chances of a straight jump back.
Welcome to the forum.

I'm not so sure as there will be an exodus of anyone remotely "decent" (looking at JWP) and then they have a load of kids who will find the Championship very unforgiving. Wouldn't begrudge them a run at immediate promotion back to the Prem though

Lavia and Alcaraz I think will go. I genuinely worry that some of their defense may just be permanently broken now (poor Kyle Walker-Peters has been smoked so many times this year).

Big issue for them is the owner has to repay the money he borrowed to buy the club.
100% that £110m is coming from the club coffers and not his own pocket

He's been out for over a year, although may get a few minutes in their last couple of games. Unless they need the money they'd be better keeping him until Jan where I think they'd get more for him imo

Alcaraz, JWP, Lavia, Bella-kotchap will probably generate the necessary funds for the owner.

Not reinvested though and no manager. They could be in the Championship a while.

Not sure I've seen what makes Bella-Kotchap worth it just yet. A year in the Champ may do him some good (admittedly I don't know his age).

Obviously Ward-Prowse will have a bunch of suitors, but I just don't see what he offers when the ball is actually moving.

Obviously Ward-Prowse will have a bunch of suitors, but I just don't see what he offers when the ball is actually moving.
You'll get the usual suspects lining up for him. Usually British managers who don't rely on scouting as much. West Ham, Everton (if they stay up), Palace, Forest.

You'll get the usual suspects lining up for him. Usually British managers who don't rely on scouting as much. West Ham, Everton (if they stay up), Palace, Forest.
What a load of bullshit.

Neil Warnock had 3 match scouts, a European scout in Belgium, Spain and Germany along with 3 England based scouts.

That was over 10 years ago.

You can now add to that access to scouting databases such as Scout7 and Wyscout and game providers such as IMG.

Even Sam Allardyce's developed his own system to identify players in a certain way.

The lack of knowledge in the average fan still staggers me.

I'm not saying they don't have scouts, I'm saying they often recommend signings or prefer them based on what they see with their own eyes.

None of this changes the fact that Ward-Prowse is a distinctly below average midfielder with a moving ball.

Back