• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation run in 22/23 ** Now a Wolves free zone**

Forest have been shite for 99% of this season. Being slightly less worse then Saints, Leeds, Leicester, Everton is nothing to be proud of.

They'll go down next season if the 3 that come up have anything about them. If not then then the season after. Their owner is insane. No way it's sustainable.
The play off winners will be cannon fodder, Everton won't materially improve other than not having Lampard for 2/3 of the season. Sheff U will be reliant on home form. Leeds if they stay up will be bought by the 9ers which could make them interesting

Well you build an environment where he will then. We employed an idiot and that's what happened. His success at Forest isn't a surprise, neither was the manager he didn't have any faith in being binned off. We started the season with a 4231 with him being out wide and Podence as a 10...comedically stupid
Fucking Podence. My word what a performance it was from him today. I have no idea how there’s still people out there who like him. Him and Sarabia were like playing with two twelve year olds

Really rate their owner for sticking with Cooper so much despite the noise too
Maybe I'm getting this wrong but hasn't most of the noise come from Forest themselves? From what I can see the fans have always been on Cooper's side and even the media/pundits generally are supportive.

Forest's owners regularly putting out statements about Cooper and their performances, plus quite obviously looking for a new manager is where the noise has come from. I rate Cooper for doing a good job of keeping Forest up with a shit squad and the Sword of Damocles hanging over his head the whole time far more than I rate the owners.

Keeping any newly promoted club up is a great job, particularly when they've come through the play offs. Add in the noise and he's done a fantastic job

I get not crediting Forest's owners for not sacking Cooper, but we see owners drop the axe without a plan for the next steps constantly. They were at least smart enough not to do that.

Really rate their owner for sticking with Cooper so much despite the noise too
This. Still bitter over the cup match but a lot of respect for them not sacking Cooper when it would have been very easy or even popular to do so.

Not sure about either of these takes.

Their owner is an interfering weirdo and sacking Cooper would have been very unpopular among most Forest fans I know

Well you build an environment where he will then. We employed an idiot and that's what happened. His success at Forest isn't a surprise, neither was the manager he didn't have any faith in being binned off. We started the season with a 4231 with him being out wide and Podence as a 10...comedically stupid

Don't think you can pin all this on Bruno; Nuno didn't rate MGW particularly or seem to know what to do with him either from what I remember

Don't think you can pin all this on Bruno; Nuno didn't rate MGW particularly or seem to know what to do with him either from what I remember
Problem is he plays a very particular role that we’ve never adopted here until fairly recently, and even then it’s questionable whether we have. Cooper knows how to get the best out of him as he coached him through the England youth setup and, apart from maybe Johnson, he is the main man at Forest which he was never going to be at Wolves. As I said, fair play to him for showing up the past few games and keeping his club in the league.

The test will come when a better Premier League team come in for him (which they will, and no disrespect to Forest intended) and he has to fight for his place/be in a bigger pond.

You don't want Cunha starting for us next season?

Not if being greedy no, I said this elsewhere a few weeks ago that he was an Ayoze Perez level talent, and nothing has really changed since then, he did a couple of good dribbles that lead to nothing. I don't think he is a bad player, I like him but he is nothing special, he is a squad player level talent and we paid a premium for him.

He is only 23 and that is young for top flight football. Maybe he does have a Joelinton style change when used or deployed in a more effective system.

He is only 23 and that is young for top flight football. Maybe he does have a Joelinton style change when used or deployed in a more effective system.
I think he's the right player in the right system.

He doesn't have a striker or goalscoring winger which is his biggest issue.

Aye, Cunha became immediately more threatening with just a little bit of quality hold-up play next to him. Imagine if the bloke providing the hold-up can also run?

Aye, Cunha became immediately more threatening with just a little bit of quality hold-up play next to him. Imagine if the bloke providing the hold-up can also run?
I know Hwang's technique is largely terrible but he held the ball up well yesterday and properly battled Tarkowski. His mobility and poaching ability got him into position for his tap in.

Sadly when Nunes made the same run as Adama, Costa was stood there with his hands on his hips having not even made the D.

Hwang is a decent option up front when we need legs for 20 minutes and does have the ability to show goals.

I think Cunha needs that strong mobile striker. I like Scamacca at Wham and think he could do the job Sasa was bought for.

Not meant as a wind up, but what do we think of Maguire if the price was right.

Yup, am with Deutch, I'd rather take a 1 year gamble on Phil Jones as a depth option than Maguire! That's where I am at.

Back