• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation run in 22/23 ** Now a Wolves free zone**

Really rate their owner for sticking with Cooper so much despite the noise too
This. Still bitter over the cup match but a lot of respect for them not sacking Cooper when it would have been very easy or even popular to do so.

Please don't, it's still too raw!

Ha! To be fair, he did want to leave: JL may have been able to talk him round, but we had no chance with that other moron we had in charge.

At least we'll get a nice little windfall in add-ons now.

Yates with a 10/10 shithousing performance in that last 20.

Arsenal were diabolical.

Ha! To be fair, he did want to leave: JL may have been able to talk him round, but we had no chance with that other moron we had in charge.

At least we'll get a nice little windfall in add-ons now.
MGW was never going to hit those heights here, IMO.

MGW wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a call up, Forest will then have the problem of him being swiped by sides higher up the league.

I remember when we were linked to Cooper after Lage's sacking and I wouldn't have minded him here to be honest. He's a decent coach - Forest mostly just need to sort their transfer policy out. They'll need to have quite a substantial player turn over in the summer to get rid of some of the crap/deadwood they signed, and they might have a job holding on to MGW and Johnson.

MGW was never going to hit those heights here, IMO.
Well you build an environment where he will then. We employed an idiot and that's what happened. His success at Forest isn't a surprise, neither was the manager he didn't have any faith in being binned off. We started the season with a 4231 with him being out wide and Podence as a 10...comedically stupid

Unless Leicester miraculously get a win at Newcastle then it’s either big Sam or Sean Dyche getting lauded by the press next Sunday.
I find Dyche highly annoying and king hypocrite at times, on the other hand it would dent the ego of the best fans that have ever existed at one of the biggest clubs to ever exist if Leeds go down.

Well you build an environment where he will then. We employed an idiot and that's what happened. His success at Forest isn't a surprise, neither was the manager he didn't have any faith in being binned off. We started the season with a 4231 with him being out wide and Podence as a 10...comedically stupid

In hindsight I wouldn't have let him go either, but it was daft money for a player who hadn't shown anything beyond glimpses at PL level - and he only had 18 months left to run on his deal.

In hindsight I wouldn't have let him go either, but it was daft money for a player who hadn't shown anything beyond glimpses at PL level - and he only had 18 months left to run on his deal.
I don't have a issue with him going, we didn't have a choice. I have an issue with the environment we built that meant he wanted to

I don't have a issue with him going, we didn't have a choice. I have an issue with the environment we built that meant he wanted to
That’s not an unfair criticism of the club, but equally Morgan seems to want to be the guy at his club, and whether or not we handled him better probably wasn’t changing the fact that that wasn’t going to happen for him here.

That’s not an unfair criticism of the club, but equally Morgan seems to want to be the guy at his club, and whether or not we handled him better probably wasn’t changing the fact that that wasn’t going to happen for him here.

I'm not sure how much *he* specifically wants to be 'the guy', but the position he plays is quite specific which does demand it in a way. He'd have probably been OK with Lopetegui as we tend to play a man off the striker, but under Lage we very rarely played a 10. He looked absolutely bobbins on the wing which is where he was usually lumped.

Forest have been shite for 99% of this season. Being slightly less worse then Saints, Leeds, Leicester, Everton is nothing to be proud of.

They'll go down next season if the 3 that come up have anything about them. If not then then the season after. Their owner is insane. No way it's sustainable.

It's not just the Guedes side of it, Cuniha's purchase you could tie to selling Gibbs-White too, had the deal for Guedes not been such a dud then Cuniha potentially isn't needed, we had a lot of peacocking about getting so much money from Forest, then spent close to 75 million on two players who I wouldn't want starting for us next season.

Back