• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Remaining fixtures

or a decent loan signing to replace Martin.

It is highly unlikely they would do it, but out of the 3 above us they are the most capable of putting a run together at this point.

James Wilson is set to join them on loan I think

Metro reported it. Not a certainty as a source, but we shall see. They would be hugely stocked with loans then. Ridiculous. What do they do if they were promoted? Sign them all?

They signed Shotton permamently. Not a chance they would be able to make all of Lingard, Ince, Bent, Mascarall permanent signings too though. Risky strategy I suppose, I can understand signing one or two that might fill key roles but it's a risky strategy!

Local Derby rag saying the Wilson to Derby stuff is about as reliable as a Tim Nash source.

Martin due back after the international break.

It makes me feel good that our team isn't massively reliant on loanees like Derby and 'Boro. They're both in trouble if they don't get up this season.

I thought he was back in light training and had an outside chance for last Friday, so signing another forward when they are paying a chunk of Bent's wage seems a lot of cash to ship.

They signed Shotton permamently. Not a chance they would be able to make all of Lingard, Ince, Bent, Mascarall permanent signings too though. Risky strategy I suppose, I can understand signing one or two that might fill key roles but it's a risky strategy!

I think they know that if they don't go up this season then Hughes will be off, maybe Hendrick as well, plus possibly the manager. So they're chucking everything at it, although they messed up last year's opportunity and they aren't showing much bottle this time either.

It makes me feel good that our team isn't massively reliant on loanees like Derby and 'Boro. They're both in trouble if they don't get up this season.

Agree with the first sentence. Not necessarily the second. Surely they will just do the same again next season.

I imagine if they went up they'd laugh Bent's wage demands straight back out of the room, Lingaard has just got a new deal at United and took a while to get into their team anyway so can't see much fight for him, maybe another years loan at the most, Ince I could see them going for as he's done well for them and Mascarell has played a lot but then they've got Thorne coming back too so he could perhaps take that place.

I'm sure the PL will ease their woes of a few loanees returning anyway.

I guess it's just natural to think the others will win their games. Looking at Brentford they've got a decent run in but as you say couldn't beat Cardiff or Millwall at home so it doesn't mean anything. Derby are still playing well so I could see them turning it around, Ipswich aren't particularly goal happy so they might get too many draws. I think we'll get 77 and finish 6th ahead of Brentford and Ipswich.

Last six games:-

Middlesbrough - 9 points
Norwich - 11 points
Derby - 2 points
Ipswich - 7 points
Brentford - 8 points
Wolves - 11 points

I don't really buy this line of thinking. Obviously it works to a certain degree, but in November we were pretty low on the form table as well and we turned it around very quickly. No reason to think other teams near the top couldn't also do so.

If Derby are getting Martin back as reported then it's entirely possible they'll surge back up the table, probably moreso than the others.

Alright - last ten games

Boro - 16 points
Norwich - 23 points
Derby - 10 points
Ipswich - 16 points
Brentford - 14 points
Wolves - 20 points

Pushing quarter of a season. Nobody is flying away with it in 2015.

I still think it will need a record points haul for 6th and that when Martin is back for Derby after the break they will end up winning the vast majority of their remaining games given who they are against.

I would love for us to get promoted, but am very happy with the progress under KJ, even if we don't. I love the togetherness of our players. These players give there all, for our very special and unique football club.

One game at a time, sweet jesus...

My head starts wanting to explode when I look at the table/forthcoming fixtures too much.
Lets take it game by game. Lets not worry about the other teams. With the amount of games teams have against each other, it is still wide open.

My head starts wanting to explode when I look at the table/forthcoming fixtures too much.
Lets take it game by game. Lets not worry about the other teams. With the amount of games teams have against each other, it is still wide open.

Cliché alert.

Bollocks to that LJ. I expect a full in depth analysis at each round of fixtures. The international break will only add to the tension. :stirthepot:

Back