• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REMINDER: FORUM MIGRATION

Kenny

🤨
Staff member
Reaction score
Just in case you haven't read this in the Admin section

"the forum migration will be happening on Monday afternoon. At about 2pm the forum will be locked, we'll transfer the data over to the new hosts and then reopen the forum. The process will likely take a few hours.

The DNS system will need to be updated to point to the new host, so until that propagates you may see wolvesforum.co.uk still pointing here.

An alternative URL for the new host is https://wolvesforum.community.forum/

DO NOT REGISTER HERE. This is just a holding install right now, but once migration is done it offers an alternative URL if you're waiting for DNS changes to reach your ISP."

Apologies for being thick but I don't really understand any of that, no idea what DNS, URL, ISP is.
Do I need to do anything once migration is complete or is it all automatic?

Once the chaps have finished migrating to the new host there will be a bit of a delay because wolves forum.co.uk will still point to this (old) host

You can either wait for the internet directory (DNS) to catch up, at that point wolvesforum.co.uk will point to the new host. Or, if you really need to slag off Jeff Shi and can't wait, you can go to https://wolvesforum.community.forum/ whilst you wait for the internet directory (DNS) to catch up.

Just be your usual sweary self....just that some of that energy used on here you will have to shout at passing strangers and/or animals for a short while

Thanks to the admins whatever for arranging the funding and making the change. It’s appreciated!

Because its more fun watching Paddy trying to decipher codes than it is to be clear in the first place
You are only saying that as me going batshit mental as it wouldn’t work gave you great glee last night 🤣

You are only saying that as me going batshit mental as it wouldn’t work gave you great glee last night 🤣
You & Technology go together like Bruno Lage and Premier League Football

He was far more suited! Only tech I have any clue about is guitars, amps and setting up effects boards the size of a county. Sadly I will need to get the back of my Marshall and get the soldering iron out again soon. Sounds like I have a dodgy connection in the standby circuit and not sorting that might fry the valves. Plus I do need to change at least one valve and give it a clean up and service (do not try that at home unless you know what you are doing. It’s simple enough but fucks the warranty).

Fair play to all who have made the change over. It's so much faster now. I can visit here more than once a week!

Does this mean we can have the swear filter back?

Back