• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rugby League Thread

Had to happen, saw some ridiculous play the ball efforts last season.

Is it global or just an English RL initiative? Don’t seem to remember any great issues in NRL games but pre season is still a while away here.

I don’t think so, every time I’ve watched NRL games they’ve never had a problem playing a correct play the ball.

I don’t think so, every time I’ve watched NRL games they’ve never had a problem playing a correct play the ball.
They did, the reason for bringing in 2 onfield referees. TBF that has cleaned up the ruck in the NRL. There are still problems to address at the ruck - moving off the mark, markers not standing square, flopping, etc.

Strange how SL players miraculously play the ball when they go to NRL and how NRL players forget how to do it when they come to SL...

Last edited:
So, they’re picking up what C4 did last year, more or less? I’ll miss the highlights show more than I’ll gain from the live coverage TBH.

Such a wasted talent, hasn’t he been banned for drug taking in the past also?

Such a wasted talent, hasn’t he been banned for drug taking in the past also?
The list is a long one mate;
Banned for 5 games in 2014 for homophobic abuse in a match
Arrested for assault on a student
Convicted of drink driving in 2018 (went into rehab whilst at Wigan)
Banned in 2018 for 14 months by UK anti-doping
Convicted for drink driving 2024

Well Hull FC have been woeful tonight, not helped by having two players sent off for ill discipline.

Highlight of the match was Hiku's conversion attempt.
Ha, classic, needs to get some practice in, a bit different in the Northern Hemisphere, mind you the attempt from his replacement at the end was pretty shit.

Always thought Daryl Clark was gonna be a shrewd replacement for Jame Roby, he’s had an excellent debut.

Back