• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rugby League Thread

Yeah it’s gonna be a bit awkward this season with every match being shown, I’ve always liked to watch the best so I try and watch the Saints and Wigan when I can.
Never liked Leeds, l had a bit of a soft spot for Castleford Tigers a few years ago with the likes of Paul McShane, Luke Gale, Grant Millington, Mike McMeeken etc.

Watching Saints vs London wasn't really going to tell us much tbf. I never watch leeds out of choice so that was an none starter. Leigh vs Hudds looked liked being the best bet for me.

I've always liked Cas esp players like Hardisty, Hepworth, Millward, Reilly, Joyner, Ward et al. Cas were my FiL's home team too.

Last edited:
Agreed, the Broncos gave it a go but they’re gonna have to target the teams around them if they hope to stay up.

Not too keen on the new look video ref stuff. 6 (multiple) screens on show is messy and is difficult trying to determine which shot the video ref is looking at. Go back to the original format please and show the specific angle as and when the VR views it.

Last edited:
Not too keen on the new look video ref stuff. 6 (multiple) screens on show is messy and is difficult trying to determine which shot the video ref is looking at. Go back to the original format please and show the specific angle as and when the VR views it.
Yeah, I thought the same last night.

The Hull FC red last night was a joke
I recorded it as I as watching the Football, I’ll check it out, although with all the Super League games I need to record plus the World Club challenge I ain’t got a clue when that will be. :)

The best thing about the match is reading the Aussie reaction to it! They're spewing about the poor standard of corrupt refereeing and how the Panthers were robbed. It's so unfair because SL has already started and the Panthers aren't match fit (Wigan have had 1 competetive game so far this season), etc.

Last edited:
Pre season has been going on for at least a fortnight before the league started this weekend. I watched the broncos play the cowboys last weekend. And now they have jetted off to Vegas for the opener.

There was plenty of chance for Penrith to get warm up games in

Following Monday’s meeting of the Match Review Panel, the RFL acknowledges that the implementation of the new Head Contact Sentencing Framework caused controversy and confusion during Round Two of the Betfred Super League.

This was most obvious in Friday’s match at Warrington Wolves, with the dismissal of Hull FC’s Nu Brown late in the first half.

On studying the incident, the MRP decided it did not merit a charge under the Framework. This has highlighted a lack of clarity in the procedures regarding head on head contact, which left the officials at Friday’s game in an invidious position.

The section of the Framework relating to head-on-head contact will now be amended, emphasising that it applies only to initial contact. Once the mechanics of the tackle become more fluid, officials are able to use their knowledge and game-understanding to mitigate the sanction, to reflect the level of culpability of the tackler.

This point will be reinforced to Betfred Super League head coaches at a pre-arranged meeting on Wednesday, and to playing representatives of all 12 Super League clubs at a separate meeting later in the day.

Back