• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheff Utd (H) 17th April - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I'd like to see Silva, MGW and Vitinha start, we won't. Despite the fact Sheffield United shit, and we're safe, we'll still see get coady, Boly, Joao, Jose and one or both of donk and Saiss, and we'll still be lifeless and predictable, hoping for individual brilliance from Podence or Adama
You know those times where you really wish you were wrong, but you're not? It's actually really fucking sad that he's wasting this opportunity to experiment, and actually just convinces me more that the writing's on the wall

Surely an opportunity to play one of Vitinha, MGW or Otasowie?

I kinda get it, sheff United will be giving it one last hurrah, makes sense to play your best players.

One game too soon for experimenting I think

Sheff Utd will be as shit as they’ve always been

Surprised to see this criticism, it's our best team.
For me, it's that it doesn't need to be our 'best'/most experienced team. It's the opportunity missed, that speaks volumes to how commited to transition, that's annoyed me. It's rare a manager gets the combination of good will, and dead rubber league games. That's being wasted, regardless of how we play tonight. We'll earn or learn nothing by playing 343 against a championship side, starting players that have no long term future here, if we're looking towards the top 6

I’m surprised at how many people are saying this was the most obvious starting 11. Is it really?

Surely we could have gone 4 at the back at home against these? MGW in the ‘10’ role.

Pretty disappointed if I’m honest, but Nuno gotta Nuno. Hopefully we’ll smash them 4-0 and it will all be irrelevant, but I highly doubt it!

I’m surprised at how many people are saying this was the most obvious starting 11. Is it really?

Surely we could have gone 4 at the back at home against these? MGW in the ‘10’ role.

Pretty disappointed if I’m honest, but Nuno gotta Nuno. Hopefully we’ll smash them 4-0 and it will all be irrelevant, but I highly doubt it!
It's the most obvious team, not necessarily the most preferred

Can live with that team, but would have preferred to see Fabio instead of Jose up front - he is the future which the other isn't

Like a few other people I'm disappointed. Would love to have seen at least one of OO, Vitinha or even MGW given a start. Please God not 0-0 at HT again

I think subs will be where we'll see some of the younger players get some minutes

It’s our strongest available team, so in that sense it isn’t a surprise.

these last few games do feel like a chance to experiment, give more minutes to fringe players but that doesn’t really fit in Nuno’s one game at a time way

sure there will be substitutions. We know Podence won't play more then 60 mins for one.

Regardless of how we play tonight we’ll learn nothing. We need to be seeing Vitinha at the very least and let MGW prove himself. What about Hoever? Just seems like such a wasted opportunity and that we’re more worried about losing to bloody Sheff Utd at home than about trying to do anything remotely exciting.

For all the talk of not having a pre season, we've effectively got a post one and look like we aren't going to use it which is a shame. Selection was inevitable though

Didn't Porto and Valencia fans mention that Nuno was pretty strict with team selection and quite defensive and would rather start defensive or have I imagined that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back