• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheffield United (A) build up thread - 14/09/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky aren’t charging me any more and are showing me loads of extra games. It’s not free to put these on, it costs money. So for sky to show more games is actually costing them, not gaining anything. Obviously they hope increase subscriptions will offset it.

That is surely offset multiple times by the amount of cash they will make from advertising though.

That is surely offset multiple times by the amount of cash they will make from advertising though.

Cameras are at every game anyway with commentaries for overseas TV Companies. I would imagine that their costs don't rise by a huge amount and as you say they'll be getting extra advertising revenue than what they would have got for showing repeats at the same time.

Easily!

Not to mention additional subscriptions for those particular added games and/or people buying one day Now TV passes specifically for those games.

If people think Sky actually run any live game at a loss they're wrong!

Don’t know. How much is advertising worth in Sheff Utd v Wolves in a awkward time slot? How many non-fans of those clubs are going to watch it?

Not having sky sports, my only option i think is the one day pass with NowTv. Is the pass per day or 24 hours from activation ?

Not having sky sports, my only option i think is the one day pass with NowTv. Is the pass per day or 24 hours from activation ?

24 hours from activation.

Edit - one day passes are a rip of IMO, Its £25 for a month atm - much better value.

Edit - one day passes are a rip of IMO, Its £25 for a month atm - much better value.

i think its basically £34 per month (no contract). on that basis would we be on 4 times in that period ?

From activation ie you could buy now and activate whenever.

Rather than going direct through NOW TV you can get some better deals, try CD Keys my brother got a weeks pass on there for £9.79 (days pass is £9.99) on Tuesday to cover him for England game and Wolves next Monday.

Shame the Sheff Utd/Man City kick off times aren't they other way around then you would have been able to just about get both in 1 weekly pass.

Edit with these unofficial 3rd party passes it might be worth checking the Terms ie they're basically selling you a code so you may not be able to use it if you have used the same offer previously.

Nope, it’s £25 a month for 12 months but you can cancel at any time. I checked with Now TV before signing up.

Yeah fair point even if you're only having day passes for Wolves games suppose it'd be worth the extra £5 as good chance we'll be on Sky within the next month.

That offers only to existing customers isn't it.

Malta Mick....you will need to sign in and check 'offers' to see this just looking on the normal passes screen will show it at £34 like you say.

I think that's it for signings for a few days, so the players we've got will be the ones playing on Monday.

For me it'll be 352 with Adama and Vinagre the WBs, Donk in midfield and Neto, Pod and the new lads on a much stronger bench. I'd guess at Sanderson over Buur for the last sub

Yeah fair point even if you're only having day passes for Wolves games suppose it'd be worth the extra £5 as good chance we'll be on Sky within the next month.

Although it won't be the West Ham game. Confirmed for BT Sport at 7pm on the Sunday night.

Patricio

Boly
Coady
Marcal

Traore
Dendoncker
Neves
Moutinho
Vinagre

Jimenez
Jota

Also think Nuno might try something nobody expects - eg Podence behind the front 2, though that would probably have to mean dropping Donk, which would totally change the balance of the team.

I'd be surprised if he starts Marcal ahead of Saiss, has he been here long enough to learn the system?

Balls. Paid £33p/m Tuesday night to watch that bag of shit England game. Might cancel it now and see if they offer cheaper.

Balls. Paid £33p/m Tuesday night to watch that bag of shit England game. Might cancel it now and see if they offer cheaper.

I cancelled my current pass and then had the option to sign up again at the cheaper price when the current month ends.

I cancelled my current pass and then had the option to sign up again at the cheaper price when the current month ends.

Thought as much. They usually do that when the footie season's on. I'll do it later or the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back